Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EspressoAdventurer

Thread: ECM Giotto Premium not heating .... reapir on Brisbane North Side?

Question ECM Giotto Premium not heating .... reapir on Brisbane North Side?

Hi,

My Giotto Premium now died for the second time with the same symptoms. Light goes on, but doesn't heat up or pump. Last time I had it repaired by QCMS in Brisbane. It was the circuit board.

Can you recommend any trusted repairers on the Brisbane North Side ( I am in North Lakes, but frequently drive to Noosa, so anything in between Noosa and Brisbane Northern Suburbs is suitable) that won't charge an arm and a leg? This is for home use only (2 coffees a day) and I cannot afford having to pay for a new circuit board every couple of years.

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi DC
    before you commit to further work, Look up various threads here, which may identify if you have the Pre or Post ECM PP modified circuit board at OEM. Then I'd also identify if mine was modified as it is a required mod for long term reliable operation.

Also I know of a very good Commercial Tech, but he is Southside based but may pick it up from your N/Side location.
    If you want the details Pm me.

Otherwise a long term member here (and valued sponsor) often recommended a Workshop in Capalaba. Yes its also Southside. But if he (TC) recommended them (many times and used them as well)then you can rely upon it that they'll be good and will likely do good work.

As I said it would be beneficial to look up the ECM PP circuit board threads for reference.
    GL
    EA
    Dimal likes this.

If I remember correctly with the modified circuit the presserstat is wired from the heating coil rather than back to the module. I can confirm this as I modified my GP. It does require the updated module I can check my part number also. I when through two modules but now it seems to be okay.

Thanks EspressoAdventurer,

I have actually asked Chris (TC) as I originally bought my Giotto from him and he did recommend the Capalaba based one (Why are we talking in cryptics? Are we not supposed to say which vendor recommends which other? Sorry, I have been on CS for a long time). And they would be my preference but it is quite a hike from North Lakes and was hoping there would be any recommendation for the north side.

I will check which board I have.

Cheers,
    Daniel

You can mention Chris of Talk Coffee as much as you like but since he is no longer a Site Sponsor, you can't post up any web links...

Mal.