Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Tanax
  • 2 Post By crazyhakins

Thread: Machine specification cheat sheet

  1. #1
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56

    Machine specification cheat sheet

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I figured it was time for a specific thread for this.
    I started working on this cheat sheet when doing research into what machine I wanted to (and could) get in terms of price, dimensions and specifications.

    Since starting it, I've added quite a few machines, all of which I think are good machines depending on your priorities.
    Comments, corrections, feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    Current machines added:

    ECM Heidelberg
    • (NEW!) Mechanika V Slim
    • Mechanika IV Profi/Switchable
    • Technika IV Profi/Switchable
    • Synchronika


    Profitec
    • Pro 300
    • Pro 500
    • (NEW!) Pro 600
    • Pro 700


    Rocket Espresso
    • Appartamento
    • Type V (Mozzafiato)
    • Type R (Mozzafiato)
    • R58

  2. #2
    Senior Member artman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,263
    Good thinking. Perhaps add steam / water location and group clearance.

    Asking be mindful that different markets can have different specs.

    I did a much simpler version a few years back , hard to keep track and compare all the options.

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Good thinking. Perhaps add steam / water location and group clearance.

    Asking be mindful that different markets can have different specs.

    I did a much simpler version a few years back , hard to keep track and compare all the options.

    Cheers
    Great suggestions! Will try to add it. Do you mean the position of the actual wands?
    Group clearance sounds difficult to confirm though. Do you know anywhere where I might get that information? I doubt the manufacturers list that information detail on their websites/manuals.

    I generally try to steer clear of things that differentiate between the different markets. Maybe I should put a disclaimer saying that this document is written from a EU/US perspective as I collect information from both Swedish retailers and American retailers (mainly Whole Latte Love and Seattle Coffee Gear).

  4. #4
    Senior Member artman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,263
    Yes some machines have steam wand on left, some on right. Can be personal preference or dictated by machine placement and nearby walls etc.

    Group head clearance you will probably need to compile from people's measurements.

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    264
    Great Work.....Just a further suggestion. Why not make the spreadsheet 'Generic'.
    So that all in future can use it as a Buying Template.
    Axis X - features such as Hx, - Sm Med or Lrge Footprint. Dble Boiler. Manual Lever. Steam Arm L/R. etc etc.
    Axis Y - Price Brackets, Small Med or Lrge Hx etc.

    Even separately background colour shade columns to allow buyers to differentiate price bands / brackets of machines.

    Or add in Grinders to evaluate performance of pairings, machine grinder combined.

  6. #6
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Thanks guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Yes some machines have steam wand on left, some on right. Can be personal preference or dictated by machine placement and nearby walls etc.

    Group head clearance you will probably need to compile from people's measurements.

    Cheers
    Totally true, I'll see about where to add it
    I'll try adding group clearance as well!

    Quote Originally Posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
    Great Work.....Just a further suggestion. Why not make the spreadsheet 'Generic'.
    So that all in future can use it as a Buying Template.
    Axis X - features such as Hx, - Sm Med or Lrge Footprint. Dble Boiler. Manual Lever. Steam Arm L/R. etc etc.
    Axis Y - Price Brackets, Small Med or Lrge Hx etc.

    Even separately background colour shade columns to allow buyers to differentiate price bands / brackets of machines.

    Or add in Grinders to evaluate performance of pairings, machine grinder combined.
    I'm not sure I'm following. What axis should have the different machines then? Could you post an example perhaps?
    Adding grinders is a great idea! But it will be a very large document then, wouldn't it be difficult to do the actual comparison between the machines?

    Price brackets are, in a way, already there. Albeit it's in Swedish crowns, you get a sense of which is least expensive and which is most expensive and everything in between. Or did you have something else in mind?

    Appreciate all your feedback and suggestions!!

  7. #7
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Added price categories for everyone. A - D where A is the cheapest and D is the most expensive.

  8. #8
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Added more information to Mechanika V Slim and adjusted some price categories.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    30
    This is a really cool idea so thanks for sharing.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanks for sharing :-)

  11. #11
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    You're welcome I made some updates to Pro 500, now with PID!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanax View Post
    You're welcome I made some updates to Pro 500, now with PID!
    The Au model doesn't have the PID, has a copper boiler and a mod to improve thermal stability.
    Casa Espresso and HorseFD like this.

  13. #13
    Marcus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhakins View Post
    The Au model doesn't have the PID, has a copper boiler and a mod to improve thermal stability.
    Hello crazyhakins,

    Yes that was pointed out to me elsewhere also. I want to keep this spreadsheet as true to the manufacturer's specification as possible so I will keep it the way it is.
    Are you 100% sure you can't get the PID model at all, even if you ask for it?

    Another question, is that "AU model" really an AU model, as in it's the same for every store in AU, or is it just that store's own customizations to the Pro 500?
    Thanks!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanax View Post
    Hello crazyhakins,

    Yes that was pointed out to me elsewhere also. I want to keep this spreadsheet as true to the manufacturer's specification as possible so I will keep it the way it is.
    Are you 100% sure you can't get the PID model at all, even if you ask for it?

    Another question, is that "AU model" really an AU model, as in it's the same for every store in AU, or is it just that store's own customizations to the Pro 500?
    Thanks!
    Hi Tanax, I believe the Aus importer is site sponsor Jet Black Espresso who will probably have a lot more information about this. I believe in Australia the actual model name is Pro 550 instead of Pro 500.

    I asked a couple of places if the PID model was available and they both told me that the Aus spec version was keeping the pressurestat. There is a little cut out in the frame where the PID would normally go.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •