Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tanax

Thread: Machine specification cheat sheet

Marcus

Machine specification cheat sheet

I figured it was time for a specific thread for this.
    I started working on this cheat sheet when doing research into what machine I wanted to (and could) get in terms of price, dimensions and specifications.

Since starting it, I've added quite a few machines, all of which I think are good machines depending on your priorities.
    Comments, corrections, feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Current machines added:

ECM Heidelberg
    • (NEW!) Mechanika V Slim
    • Mechanika IV Profi/Switchable
    • Technika IV Profi/Switchable
    • Synchronika

Profitec
    • Pro 300
    • Pro 500
    • (NEW!) Pro 600
    • Pro 700

Rocket Espresso
    • Appartamento
    • Type V (Mozzafiato)
    • Type R (Mozzafiato)
    • R58
    338 likes this.

Good thinking. Perhaps add steam / water location and group clearance.

Asking be mindful that different markets can have different specs.

I did a much simpler version a few years back , hard to keep track and compare all the options.

Cheers

Marcus
    Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Good thinking. Perhaps add steam / water location and group clearance.

Asking be mindful that different markets can have different specs.

I did a much simpler version a few years back , hard to keep track and compare all the options.

Cheers
    Great suggestions! Will try to add it. Do you mean the position of the actual wands?
    Group clearance sounds difficult to confirm though. Do you know anywhere where I might get that information? I doubt the manufacturers list that information detail on their websites/manuals.

I generally try to steer clear of things that differentiate between the different markets. Maybe I should put a disclaimer saying that this document is written from a EU/US perspective as I collect information from both Swedish retailers and American retailers (mainly Whole Latte Love and Seattle Coffee Gear).

Yes some machines have steam wand on left, some on right. Can be personal preference or dictated by machine placement and nearby walls etc.

Group head clearance you will probably need to compile from people's measurements.

Cheers

Great Work.....Just a further suggestion. Why not make the spreadsheet 'Generic'.
    So that all in future can use it as a Buying Template.
    Axis X - features such as Hx, - Sm Med or Lrge Footprint. Dble Boiler. Manual Lever. Steam Arm L/R. etc etc.
    Axis Y - Price Brackets, Small Med or Lrge Hx etc.

Even separately background colour shade columns to allow buyers to differentiate price bands / brackets of machines.

Or add in Grinders to evaluate performance of pairings, machine grinder combined.

Marcus
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    Yes some machines have steam wand on left, some on right. Can be personal preference or dictated by machine placement and nearby walls etc.

Group head clearance you will probably need to compile from people's measurements.

Cheers
    Totally true, I'll see about where to add it
    I'll try adding group clearance as well!

Quote Originally Posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
    Great Work.....Just a further suggestion. Why not make the spreadsheet 'Generic'.
    So that all in future can use it as a Buying Template.
    Axis X - features such as Hx, - Sm Med or Lrge Footprint. Dble Boiler. Manual Lever. Steam Arm L/R. etc etc.
    Axis Y - Price Brackets, Small Med or Lrge Hx etc.

Even separately background colour shade columns to allow buyers to differentiate price bands / brackets of machines.

Or add in Grinders to evaluate performance of pairings, machine grinder combined.
    I'm not sure I'm following. What axis should have the different machines then? Could you post an example perhaps?
    Adding grinders is a great idea! But it will be a very large document then, wouldn't it be difficult to do the actual comparison between the machines?

Price brackets are, in a way, already there. Albeit it's in Swedish crowns, you get a sense of which is least expensive and which is most expensive and everything in between. Or did you have something else in mind?

Appreciate all your feedback and suggestions!!

Marcus
    Added price categories for everyone. A - D where A is the cheapest and D is the most expensive.

Marcus
    Added more information to Mechanika V Slim and adjusted some price categories.

This is a really cool idea so thanks for sharing.