Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhatEverBeansNecessary

Thread: Exposer Brewtus Minore IV problems

Exposer Brewtus Minore IV problems

Hey guys,

For some unknown reason my Minore IV's brew pressure gauge has stopped working. Any possibility they can get blocked, or more likely needs to be replaced? It's currently stuck on 0.5Bar and even backlashing won't budge it. Steam gauge is working fine.

Is this a common issue? The machine is approx 2 years old now, and makes 3 - 4 coffees a day.

Cheers!

Not the same machine but I had this with my machine.

Sometimes you get scale built up on the pipe from the boiler to the pressure gauge. Descaling may not help, so you might have to dismantle it and scrub out the inside a little. There could be scale blocking it or even something else built up that won't flush away.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatEverBeansNecessary View Post
    Not the same machine but I had this with my machine.

Sometimes you get scale built up on the pipe from the boiler to the pressure gauge. Descaling may not help, so you might have to dismantle it and scrub out the inside a little. There could be scale blocking it or even something else built up that won't flush away.

so recommended i should do a full descale first?

I would just remove and clean/descale the gauge and associated tubing.

You can test the gauge operation with a syringe or similar. Should be smooth and responsive.

You might need to get a metre or two of hose, connect to gauge and raise up the hose, fill with descale solution and will give it extra head to penetrate into the tube inside the gauge (bernauli tube I think it's called?).

If you remove the mushroom it will give a quick and decent indication of the level of scale in your machine.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    I would just remove and clean/descale the gauge and associated tubing.

You can test the gauge operation with a syringe or similar. Should be smooth and responsive.

You might need to get a metre or two of hose, connect to gauge and raise up the hose, fill with descale solution and will give it extra head to penetrate into the tube inside the gauge (bernauli tube I think it's called?).

If you remove the mushroom it will give a quick and decent indication of the level of scale in your machine.

Cheers
    Well holy scale... I think?

20171111_110052.jpg

And after descaling..

20171111_122930.jpg
    What's the go with the divots? Is that rusted out divots from the scale eating the metal?

20171111_122957.jpg

I might have to get a pro to service it maybe..

Good job on the descaling. That would explain the gauge. You may need to do what I suggested anyway as not much water flows in/out the gauge.

I don't think you can do much with the "divots", just put it back. Do a service on the valves, levers, group seal etc and you will be good to go for another year.

Cheers

Rbn
    Thanks for sharing. Could be the reason the gauge on one of my 6910's will not go to the red, even if close to choking.

On the Rocket I find the scale build up is where the pipe goes into the gauge. There seems to be no way to get descale fluid to that point. I once tried to unsolder the tube but the heat damaged the plastic parts which I could not remove. So I have purchased new gauges.

just extend the tube with a hose or similar raise it a meter or two and dribble in the descale solution and fill the tube. the head of solution will help penetrate into the gauge, you may need to repeat until gauge is descaled.

Cheers

I wonder if that is corrosion due to dissimilar metals or metal eating bacteria??