Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By sprezzatura
  • 3 Post By speleomike
  • 2 Post By Yelta

Thread: Bezzera Domus Galatea, eight years on.

Bezzera Domus Galatea, eight years on.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Yesterday was biannual descale day for my Bezzera, whilst doing the job I realised it was time for the annual report (did I hear a collective groan?) another trouble free year of excellent espresso, the only cash spent on the machine in the past year was for a new seal, replace tap seals and lube assembly as well as descale and back flush chemical.

Eight years of trouble free operation, attributable to? a very well built and designed machine, regular maintenance, or luck? perhaps a combination of all three.

The daily cost based on my original purchase price is now approx .97 cents, yep! I'm still very satisfied with my choice, would I buy another Bezzera machine? without hesitation.
    Last edited by Yelta; 27th November 2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Dimal, DaveD, sprezzatura and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Yesterday was biannual descale day for my Bezzera, whilst doing the job I realised it was time for the annual report (did I hear a collective groan?) another trouble free year of excellent espresso, the only cash spent on the machine in the past year was for a new seal, replace tap seals and lube assembly as well as descale and back flush chemical.

Eight years of trouble free operation, attributable to? a very well built and designed machine, regular maintenance, or luck? perhaps a combination of all three.

The daily cost based on my original purchase price is now approx .97 cents per day, yep! I'm still very satisfied with my choice, would I buy another Bezzera machine, without hesitation.
    Well, after working on this Bezzera Giulia - which had zero service for 5 years - Iíll nod to well built.
    Dimal likes this.

Hi Yelta

Yes it's a nicely built machine. I particularly liked the smoothly rounded corners which gave it the edge over the other 3 machines I tried out at Di Bartoli's in Bondi. Renzo was very patient as I repeatedly taste tested each machines espresso.

Mine beats yours though Yelta :-) I bought mine in June 2008, so that's 9 years and 5 months. Just the pump replaced twice in that time and some seals. It's going great.

Mike
    Dimal, Yelta and sprezzatura like this.

To the owners of the Galatea, how do you find texturing the milk? From my understanding, it only takes 5-10 seconds compared to the others that take a bit longer. Does the shorter time frame make any difference in the difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3 View Post
    To the owners of the Galatea, how do you find texturing the milk? From my understanding, it only takes 5-10 seconds compared to the others that take a bit longer. Does the shorter time frame make any difference in the difficulty?
    It's a very easy machine to come to terms with, this includes steaming milk.

Having said that, some people seem to have a knack of over complicating the simplest of tasks, so I guess it depends pretty much on the individual.
    Casa Espresso and Chris3 like this.