• 1 Post By degaulle
  • 3 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 1 Post By Di_Bartoli
  • 1 Post By Yelta
  • 2 Post By Wel

Thread: Bezzera Magica

Wel

Bezzera Magica

Hi, I‘m thinking to upgrade after few years with my la pavoni machine.
    After some research I found a Bezzera Magica which might be right Machine for me. It is a bit expensive unit so I found a used Model (about 4 years) in my neighborhood.
    So my question is: Would you pay few hundred eur for a new one? It will be my first serious machine. Could you tell me if there is something like lifespan of a coffe machine? This Magica that I‘m looking at was once year ago in the service and the seller describes it as „like new“ condition.
    Would really love to hear any advice from you guys!

If it were in good condition a few hundred euro seems like bargain!
    Bezzera (mostly) make high quality machines and a properly cared for machine you can expect at least 10 years (and many many more years if it is well looked after).

If the machine fits your bill, then jump on it - but make sure you can see it working etc and that you aren't buying a lemon.

Do you have a capable grinder as well?

I don't think he's looking at paying a few hundred Euro's for the used machine but rather was asking if it was worth a few hundred Euro's more to buy a new machine rather than the used one he's looking at.

Java "Reading between the lines" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    I don't think he's looking at paying a few hundred Euro's for the used machine but rather was asking if it was worth a few hundred Euro's more to buy a new machine rather than the used one he's looking at.

Java "Reading between the lines" phile
    Ha! On second read you are correct Java "Well read" phile - I'd probably get a new one for a few hundred euros then. Safety with the warranty and peace of mind getting a brand newy.

If the price difference is only a few hundred euro, then the new Magica is the sensible option as you have the peace of mind of a warranty. While 4 years is relatively young for a machine that could last 15+ years, the question is why is the current owner selling and what might be wrong with it eg do you know the service history of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wel View Post
    Hi, I‘m thinking to upgrade after few years with my la pavoni machine.
    After some research I found a Bezzera Magica which might be right Machine for me. It is a bit expensive unit so I found a used Model (about 4 years) in my neighborhood.
    So my question is: Would you pay few hundred eur for a new one? It will be my first serious machine. Could you tell me if there is something like lifespan of a coffe machine? This Magica that I‘m looking at was once year ago in the service and the seller describes it as „like new“ condition.
    Would really love to hear any advice from you guys!
    I thought that Bezzera home use machines by default came with lever knobs instead of rotary knobs for the steam and hot water wands. Who knows this unit may be older?
    Though it shouldn’t be a dealbreaker, you are likely to get the lever knobs If you buy new.

+1 on what has already been said on buying new vs. used.
    Chris3 likes this.

Also doesn't have the bezzera logo on the portafilter (which looks pretty good).

I think Di Bartoli (sponsor) are the only ones that supply the Magica in Australia and also offer 50% trade in of what you paid if you were to trade it in within 5 years. Always handy to have a hassle free option of selling rather than trying to sell a machine with 2 owners etc

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3 View Post
    Also doesn't have the bezzera logo on the portafilter (which looks pretty good).

I think Di Bartoli (sponsor) are the only ones that supply the Magica in Australia and also offer 50% trade in of what you paid if you were to trade it in within 5 years. Always handy to have a hassle free option of selling rather than trying to sell a machine with 2 owners etc
    Guessing the buyer is in Europe and looking to pay in Euro... Di Bartoli might be a bit far to travel for a trade in
    magnafunk, Chris3 and BLW like this.

Hi, I think that's the Bezzera Medea, the Magica did not come with knobs, but this depend of the importer specifications we prefer this one Espresso Machines - Heat Exchange Machines - Di Bartoli - Di Bartoli Coffee

Regards

Renzo
    Dimal likes this.

$2300 is a remarkably good price for a machine of this calibre.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    $2300 is a remarkably good price for a machine of this calibre.
    Thanks Yelta, we think so too!

Wel
    Hello again, wow thanks a lot for so much tips! I really appreciate. So I have a Vario grinder which I think should be pretty cool for this Bezzera. I live in Switzerland and landed on this Forum by accidentally following some google search. Seems like a nice place to be :-)
    I called a shop that sells Bezzera machines in Switzerland and they offer Magica (they call it swiss edition) with rotary knobs and different portafilter but apart from this it is normal Magica. They advised me in the shop not to buy 4 year old machine for more than 50% less of new price. Made an offer to the seller but I don’t see this machine online anymore. Probably got sold. Maybe I will wait some time and buy a new one. You are getting 2 years warranty here in Switzerland. And it costs around 1500 swiss franks.
    matth3wh and Chris3 like this.