Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By magnafunk
  • 1 Post By Di_Bartoli

Thread: Bezzera Club warm up

Bezzera Club warm up

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hoping someone with more experience can chime in here as I know there are a few of these machines floating around this group.
    My cousin has a Bezzera club with some warm up issues. The machine is turned on and allowed to heat for half an hour but the group remains stone cold. As a result I need to run a couple of warming flushes through the group before making a coffee. The group has been thoroughly descaled about six months ago, but to me, without knowing a whole lot about this machine it would seem that there must be a blockage somewhere. Does this machine have a thermosyphon? The group is not attached directly to the boiler so I figure the heat has to come from a thermosyphon or the heat exchange some how.
    Id be interested in anyones thoughts so that we can do a more targeted tear down.

The Bezzera club and variant have the thermosiphon config as you had guessed.

There may be two possibilities. Let's go with a more common one:

i) is the anti-vac valve working properly?

If anti-vac fails, you might have false/air pressure in the boiler and it won't come up to temp properly. Allow the machine to come up to its operating pressure, and open the steam wand. Does the steam come out like usual, or is it mostly air, followed by a depleted boiler pressure?

ii) One of the two thermosiphon pipes may be blocked by some scale particles.

Maybe your descale process dislodged some major limescale bits. If this happened, then you will likely need to disassemble the pipes and check individually. Sometimes it could get blocked at the group inlet port. How serious was the scale build up during the descale session?

What Samuellaw178 is correct usually this happen due to the anti vacum valve is not working properly and not allowing the old air to being realize, try by opening your steam and close once you see steam coming out.

I am puzzle, never seem a Bezzera Club, can you send us the picture email is renzo@dibartoli.com.au or just post it

Regards

Great Leads guys, I am going too see my cousin this weekend and will run through both possibilities and see where that gets me. I will report back
    Here's a picture of Mal's Bezzera I swiped from his thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

I believe that's a bezzera mini bar
    Dimal likes this.

That's correct that machine is the old mini bar. That machine was one of the first machine when I start at Bezzera I had a laugh. Nice littler unit very well build
    Dimal likes this.

Ah, I thought it was the Bezzera Family/ Sama Club lever.

You're right, I used to own a Bezzera club / family lever. I just had it on my mind when I was typing out the question. But it is a Mini Bar model
    Further to the problem, I spoke to my cousin and he confirmed that the machine does generate false pressure - I am guessing he has a combination safety ant vac valve that may need some attention. However he said that even after bleeding the pressure and having the machine heat again, the group is still completely cold. So it would seem the thermosyphon needs to be looked at as the next possible culprit.