Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Casa Espresso

Thread: Bar pressure on ecm technika iv

Bar pressure on ecm technika iv

Was wondering if anyone could help. My friends technika is running at 13 bar while pulling shots.. Have opened up the top but getting the sides off seems like a nightmare. Can anyone tell me where the nut is to adjust? Can't seem to find what I need on the net. It's just the vibe model not the profi

Is the right hand gauge the brew pressure?
    Id suggest its down near where the brew pressure piping comes from. Between the top of the vibe pump and the gauge take off point.

Yeah, I adjusted that down to 1.35 from 1.55 got the sides off though. So it's just the nut under the pstat? Was hoping it was something obvious like a screw head

Thought this might be it?

Sorry jackster, read your message wrong. Thought you were talking about the boiler pstat. Tracing the gauge now

I have the rotary pump model and the brew pressure adjustment is at the bottom of the machine. For the vibe pump version it should be just in front of the tank on top, you shouldn't need to take any panels off.

I also Googled it for you and found this. You can see the screw in the beginning of the video

Must be a different model. No screw at the top. It was actually where I highlighted in the picture. All sorted

Good to know. So it is a rotary pump version machine? And the brew pressure adjustment screw is on the outside, at the bottom of the machine and no need to take any panels off?

Rotary pump machines have a bypass on the pump head that is used to set brew pressure. The OPV on rotary pump machines is set to around 12 bar as a failsafe to bleed excess pressure if the bypass gets stuck.

Cheers

Nah, it's a vibe pump. Just lowered it to 11.

Remember Owlee, the indication at the gauge is different to what is at the group head, particularly with vibe pumps..

You are on the right track though, 11 bar at the gauge should give you about 9 bar on this particular machine

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au

Hey ant, yeah if it was at 12 I would have just left it. 13 seemed way too high. Friends stoked though, said he's getting less channeling and nicer shots

Quote Originally Posted by Owlee View Post
    Hey ant, yeah if it was at 12 I would have just left it. 13 seemed way too high. Friends stoked though, said he's getting less channeling and nicer shots
    Well done Grasshopper!

Those lessons on the BZ10 have taught you well

My work here is done....
    Dimal and Owlee like this.

My mate just texted me... Saying he just noted the pressure gauge doesn't sit on 0 when not in use. Sits at 1 or 2. Got to say I didn't notice that .
    Will that effect the reading? So it's 11 atm, but if the gauge sits at 2 is that actually a 9 reading?