Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kjarsheim

Thread: ACM/SAB Pratika Vs CIME C11 Vs Lelit Diana PL60 vs Oscars... going a bit crazy

Cool ACM/SAB Pratika Vs CIME C11 Vs Lelit Diana PL60 vs Oscars... going a bit crazy

Looking for some guidance, pursuing a decent machine for espresso, long blacks and cappas that will be domestically acceptable by SWMBO on a budget that grinds to a halt around $1500.
    I usually make about 6 cappas and 5 black coffees a day.
    I'm keeping my Mini Lever and probably getting a La Pavoni lever later, just because I love messing around when it's just me.
    I have a good but not great 60mm flat burr grinder which will be next up for upgrade. But one thing at a time.
    Choice seems to be limited in these parameters to (elderly-ish) used machinery, machines like Oscar 2, (which has no hot water tap for long blacks), and somewhat obscure brands/models for which very little hard information seems available.
    I'm not overly excited by buying a 10+ year old veteran because my tech skills are a bit basic.
    E61, for what it's worth isn't desired, dont ask.
    Feel like I'm going in ever diminishing circles here.
    Fortunately it's not too urgent but I find the constraints of cost are getting a bit challenging.
    Any sane help welcome, I've been doing a lot of research so I don't ask for help lightly.
    Thanks people
    matth3wh likes this.

I had a laugh, after all the helpful feedback have decided to put aside my lust for shiny toys and purchased a pre-loved Oscar. It meets my espresso making needs on all fronts except the aforementioned shiny toy syndrome. (Which I'll pacify with a new grinder).
    Funny how just articulating a problem can help resolve it - nobody I know personally is remotely interested in the mechanics of making coffee (I'm a coffee snob apparently) so I do appreciate the sounding board opportunity.a

So no response from anyone at all?>
    What made you pick the oscar in the end?

And the no hot water for your long blacks

How's the Oscar going for you? You can always boil a kettle for the longs blacks I guess, even if it's not super convenient. Was it the 1 or 2 model you went for?