• 1 Post By JMcCee
  • 1 Post By Di_Bartoli
  • 3 Post By Rockford
  • 1 Post By Ronin
  • 2 Post By Casa Espresso

Thread: Recommend me a Coffee Machine for $2-$3,000

Recommend me a Coffee Machine for $2-$3,000

Hello Snobs,

My parents are in the market for a new machine to replace their very old and crappy bezzera.

I have recommended the two machines I have used int eh past, the Isomac Tea Due and the Expobar Minore IV.
    They visited a coffee machine shop in Sydney and he convinced them to go with another Bezzera Machine, I think the model was called Mitica.

My parents probably only make, at the most, 3-5 coffees per day. Most days probably only 2-3.
    They make short blacks and lattes mostly, so I certainly dont think there is any need for a dual boiler.
    They have a Mazzer grinder already and will keep it because it's only 2 years old and going very strong.

They have a budget of between $2-$3000, can you guys suggest the best machine to go for in this price range.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with Bezzera. The Mitica will fulfill their needs quite nicely. However, your parents' 'very old' machine may only need a good service to restore it to fully functional operation. What's wrong with it?
    Dimal and Yelta like this.

Site sponsor JetBlack espresso has a wide range of machines on working display and judging by feedback on this forum, Charlie is very patient and helpful when guiding people on their choice of a new machine. Might be a good place to start as your parents are in Sydney.

https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/

Coffee always tastes better when you like the look of what it came out of!

Seeing the machines in the skin helps your taste buds point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    Nothing wrong with Bezzera. The Mitica will fulfill their needs quite nicely. However, your parents' 'very old' machine may only need a good service to restore it to fully functional operation. What's wrong with it?
    Flynnaus is right on the money, Bezzera have an excellent reputation for reliability as well as ease of use, Casa Espresso also carry the Bezzera Mitica and Domus Galatea, worth a look.
    I personally think the Domus Galatea is very good value at $2500.

https://www.casaespresso.com.au/dome...s/bezzera.html
    Dimal likes this.

I'm not familiar with the Mitica but if it's anything like the BZ99 it will last almost forever and produce coffee as good as machines twice the price, plus it has a rotary pump and can be plumbed. Win win..
    Dimal likes this.

As an ex bezzera man I can tell you that they are very well build, have you look at this one Di Bartoli Magica

You are welcome to come to the shop an try it

Regards

Renzo
    Dimal likes this.

As a Bezzera Magica owner (and Di Bartoli customer), I can attest to the build quality of these machines. I love the levers on them (personal preference). It is easy to clean, very consistent shots, great steam. I only make 2-3 coffees a day on it, so a similar number to your parents. As a result I use a TP-Link Wifi Plug which I control with my iPhone and that turns it on about an hour before I am ready and switches it off about 15mins after and then does the same in the afternoon/evening.

Pop in to the store and check them out, as the machines are a lot nicer in person not to mention Renzo is pretty relaxed and not the pushy type. (and the store smells magnificent! :-)

No Financial Interest in the store, yadda, yadda...

My unit
    Rocket Appartamento vs Bezzera Magica
    Brewster, Dimal and Di_Bartoli like this.

I have been looking in the same range and have now edged to the $3k mark. Maybe even a double boiler but that means going over $3k and then add a grinder and the budget is smashed. Short list is now ECM Technika and Profitec Pro 500. If I win the lottery itís GS3 but only if I win . Why doesnít 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 ever come up?
    Grillsy grrrrr

ECM Barista can be purchased for $2300 and a Qumar Q50 for $640 will be a great combo for under 3k
    JMcCee likes this.

Glad I'm not in the market for a machine in this price range. The quality machines available like ECM, Bezzera etc is enough to drive one to drink..:-p

You certainly wont go wrong with a Bezzera or ECM, we have been supplying both brands for quite a while and their quality and attention to detail is second to none.

Another you might want to consider is our new Izzo Vivi PID

https://www.casaespresso.com.au/izzo-vivi-pid.html

Feel free to call or PM if we can help

Regards

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Dimal and Caffeinator like this.