Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 61
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Designing Kitchen with 'Coffee Station'

  1. #1
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323

    Wink Designing Kitchen with 'Coffee Station'

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm a long time lurker here but haven't posted before as I haven't had anything of value to add.

    My wife and I are in the process of having plans drawn for our new home and my wife is having 'her' kitchen designed and planned to the finest detail. As a general rule, I tend to stay right out of the kitchen as my chef'ing skill leave a lot to be desired and my wife tends to chase me out if I go anywhere near it.

    Now the exception is if I'm making coffee. This got me to thinking, perhaps in our new kitchen I should have a dedicated Coffee Station, which for me would be a section of the kitchen I could come and go from without being chased off. My gear and my mess could remain in the one position, whereas now I often find stuff being shifted and packed away. This will probably be our last home, so I may as well put some thought into the process and in doing so I thought I'd get some advice from the good people of this forum.

    Ive decided to get a new Expresso Machine and I have my heart set on the Profitec Pro700 & as my old grinder gave up the ghost recently, I'm presently using a borrowed grinder, so when I get the machine I will update the grinder too and haven't decided on that either.

    Ive floated the idea of a coffee station with the wife and she's asked me to decide what I need to make my coffee station.

    Initially I thought I would require a small sink, near the machine, however my latest thoughts have simply been to have a point at the wall where I can plumb the machine in, the filtration will be below bench and also have drainage fixture below the bench where I can run/plumb the drip tray to. Obviously I would allow enough bench space beside the machine to place all the tools of the trade, grinder, tamper and so forth.

    If you were to set up a similar space what would you include in the area?

    I was planning on putting a 15amp power socket at the location to run the machine but I've since read on this forum that folk here think it's not necessary for the Profitec Pro700.

    Any input you give will be greatly appreciated as I seem to be drawing a blank in ideas. No doubt after installing a machine and after all the building is finished all these brilliant ideas will come up and by then it will be too late.

    Anyway, I look forward to reading your replies, assuming you haven't all gone to sleep by this stage of this thread. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Vinitasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula VIC
    Posts
    1,251
    A good first step would be NOT referring to your new toy as an " Expresso Machine"
    kbc and Smee like this.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    14,202
    If you're not installing a wash-up sink I'd install a rinser similar to one of these.


    Java "Easy clean-up" phile
    Smee likes this.
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  4. #4
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinitasse View Post
    A good first step would be NOT referring to your new toy as an " Expresso Machine"
    Ive broken one of the golden rules already, have I?

    Im not really sure it's much of a toy either, it's more like a lifeline to sanity IMO.
    Vinitasse likes this.

  5. #5
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Never seen one like that before, thanks for sharing, it's like a mini dishwasher, in the sink.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    14,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Never seen one like that before, thanks for sharing, it's like a mini dishwasher, in the sink.
    While you could mount the upper left one in a sink the others are stand alone models. Hence my "If you're not installing a wash-up sink..." comment.


    Java "Nifty devices R' Us" phile
    Smee likes this.
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  7. #7
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    I was thinking directly under the machine I could have a drawer where I could keep all my bits and pieces amd maybe another one with my collection of cups and so forth.

    It would DEFINATELY be benificial to have a small sink located nearby where I could soak stuff and do my cleaning.

    If I take up too much space, I will be relocated out to the rear shed........now there's an idea.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post

    I was planning on putting a 15amp power socket at the location to run the machine but I've since read on this forum that folk here think it's not necessary for the Profitec Pro700.
    What magic does your machine run on that it doesn't need a power socket?

    My main recommendation is a non-staining or dark coloured benchtop, and enough clearance to load cups on top of the machine. Sounds simple but lots of people think about gadgets before the basics.

    I have mine on the end of a bench near a wall and hang my milk jugs on hooks that are wall mounted to save bench space.

    I love rinsers, but unless you're making 10+ coffees a day, I'd save the bench space. Think about how often you're really going to use anything before getting bells and whistles and also the maintenance required. Most coffee cups go right in the dishwasher anyway.

  9. #9
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by tashie View Post
    What magic does your machine run on that it doesn't need a power socket?

    My main recommendation is a non-staining or dark coloured benchtop, and enough clearance to load cups on top of the machine. Sounds simple but lots of people think about gadgets before the basics.

    I have mine on the end of a bench near a wall and hang my milk jugs on hooks that are wall mounted to save bench space.

    I love rinsers, but unless you're making 10+ coffees a day, I'd save the bench space. Think about how often you're really going to use anything before getting bells and whistles and also the maintenance required. Most coffee cups go right in the dishwasher anyway.

    I wasn't suggesting that I didn't need a power socket but rather suggesting I was considering having a 15amp one verses the standard 10amp.

    Id be happy with most of my cups in the dishwasher, but a sink directly next to the machine would make maintance easier and avoid me running into trouble spreading my mess . Sometimes I like to let things soak. There will be ample room above the machine.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    278
    I set up a golden rectangle, based on the golden triangle of kitchen design with coffee machine at the extra corner, between fridge and sink. I find it very handy as I'm usually making coffee with milk or butter.

    Even if you only plan on getting the 10A Profitec 700, I'd still be tempted to have the electrician put a 15A circuit in for future.
    Smee likes this.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    30
    Perhaps consider having a filter coffee station too?

    My coffee "corner" is setup in my dining room with access to the kitchen sink (open plan house). I've got a section of the coffee bench dedicated to filter coffee (V60 & Kalita Wave, Hario Buono on a portable induction cooker and Lido III). The only wish I have which you'll be able to do is plumb in the machine.

    But then again, there is a charm in making filter coffee in front of your guests, so maybe in your case the filter station in the corner of the kitchen may not be ideal
    Smee likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    198
    For me the most important thing was that the coffee station was in a nice open space, seeing I spend so much time there. No overhead cupboards to dodge and a bit of an outlook.

    It's not really close to the sink or the fridge, but it's plumbed in and I don't drink much Milk coffee. I have to walk over to get the milk it for my Mrs but no big deal.

    Drawers underneath hold all the cups, coffee beans, dosing tools and other coffee hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bjjoh3, magnafunk and Smee like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    198
    And make sure you plan heaps of general bench space too.. You can never have too much.
    Smee likes this.

  14. #14
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by simonko View Post
    I set up a golden rectangle, based on the golden triangle of kitchen design with coffee machine at the extra corner, between fridge and sink. I find it very handy as I'm usually making coffee with milk or butter.

    Even if you only plan on getting the 10A Profitec 700, I'd still be tempted to have the electrician put a 15A circuit in for future.
    its funny you should put it that way, as I was thinking something similar. Understanding my wife, she wants me away from her area and chefs have little triangle too. She suggested a drawer fridge where I could keep the dairy and other drinks. It seems I'm trying to rein in costs and she's spending up big! Maybe she doesn't realise what the Pro700 is going to cost us I had a laugh.

    but you raise a good point and I agree about the 15amp.

  15. #15
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenteapot View Post
    Perhaps consider having a filter coffee station too?

    My coffee "corner" is setup in my dining room with access to the kitchen sink (open plan house). I've got a section of the coffee bench dedicated to filter coffee (V60 & Kalita Wave, Hario Buono on a portable induction cooker and Lido III). The only wish I have which you'll be able to do is plumb in the machine.

    But then again, there is a charm in making filter coffee in front of your guests, so maybe in your case the filter station in the corner of the kitchen may not be ideal
    Some good thoughts there too, thanks for replying.

    Our plan whilst not complete is very open from where I was hoping to set it all up anyway, it's open living plan & I will gain much pleasure from sitting back glancing over at the machine, wondering if it's CoffeeOClock again. Cheers.

  16. #16
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Sink_cut View Post
    For me the most important thing was that the coffee station was in a nice open space, seeing I spend so much time there. No overhead cupboards to dodge and a bit of an outlook.

    It's not really close to the sink or the fridge, but it's plumbed in and I don't drink much Milk coffee. I have to walk over to get the milk it for my Mrs but no big deal.

    Drawers underneath hold all the cups, coffee beans, dosing tools and other coffee hardware.
    Nice! They're great ideas.

    Thanks for sharing your picture.......I could almost smell the coffee.

    youve got the idea ! Cheers

  17. #17
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    I'm envious Smee .... Maybe I'll save up for a kitchen upgrade myself. I look forward to seeing yours. Share plans as you go as this project will be of interest to more than a few Snobs.
    Cheers
    Paul
    Thanks Mate,

    As I said earlier, probably last time for us, so I may as well do it right. I was trying to work it out alone and my wife suggested I ask you guys, she said, "Why don't you ask the people at that forum you're always gawking at"

    The hard bit is I want it all now but I will have to wait & persevere with what I have in the mean time, which is on its last legs & was only ever a back up to my old machine.

    As for getting the Coffee Station right, it may only be the case of $200-$300 dollars extra spent to make it all just flow right and money well worth spent.

    Anyway, any suggestions much appreciated & I apologise if I don't get in here immediately to say THANKYOU for your ideas......I'm time poor ATM & a crappy typist

  18. #18
    Senior Member Magic_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northlandia
    Posts
    1,299
    Great timing, I've just moved into a new rental and the coffee setup is currently occupying the only useful bench space, right between sink and stove. Weighing up a separate coffee station in the living room, or a movable island that could double as a dining table to replace the lost bench space. Maybe both...

    Obviously as a renter my options are more limited, but I'll watch this thread for ideas.

    Good luck - sounds like you're on the right track.
    Smee likes this.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    47
    Hi guys
    speaking of coffee stations reminded me of something I saw earlier on in the forums another CSer had done.
    Really awesome DIY job coffee station.
    My Home Coffee Cart Build
    Magic_Matt and Smee like this.

  20. #20
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Matt View Post
    Great timing, I've just moved into a new rental and the coffee setup is currently occupying the only useful bench space, right between sink and stove. Weighing up a separate coffee station in the living room, or a movable island that could double as a dining table to replace the lost bench space. Maybe both...

    Obviously as a renter my options are more limited, but I'll watch this thread for ideas.

    Good luck - sounds like you're on the right track.
    Happy to share with you but don't hold your breath. We've got the land but have only seen concept plans so far & there's lots to do to get there. The wife's happy with the idea, so now we just need to make plans and set the kitchen out to suit. The kitchen was going to be a galley style one with 2 entry exit points & im hoping she warms to the idea of making it a slightly different shape and I can set up an extra bit for the machine & maybe a small sink where I can get my own triangle happening between the machine and fridge without upsetting her or getting chased out with a sharp implement

    Anyway, some great ideas by very pleasant folks, thanks a lot.

    special thanks to Paul -b coffee.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  21. #21
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by KopiV View Post
    Hi guys
    speaking of coffee stations reminded me of something I saw earlier on in the forums another CSer had done.
    Really awesome DIY job coffee station.
    My Home Coffee Cart Build
    Wow. That is super cool !

    So clever him building that on his own, could only hope my set ends up half as good as that.

    thanks for sharing.

    built in knock box. That's great.

  22. #22
    Junior Member Hypergear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by KopiV View Post
    Hi guys
    speaking of coffee stations reminded me of something I saw earlier on in the forums another CSer had done.
    Really awesome DIY job coffee station.
    My Home Coffee Cart Build

    Agreed 100%. I also have been banned from the kitchen so building the coffee cart was a no brainer. It was the best move I made. I have my own sink and own rubbish bin (knock box). Unfortunately we still share the fridge (for the milk). Small bar fridge can fix that
    Smee likes this.

  23. #23
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergear View Post
    Agreed 100%. I also have been banned from the kitchen so building the coffee cart was a no brainer. It was the best move I made. I have my own sink and own rubbish bin (knock box). Unfortunately we still share the fridge (for the milk). Small bar fridge can fix that
    Hyper,

    dude I nearly fell off my stool when I saw your set up......TALK ABOUT Sweet.

    Really good job.

    Is there anything you would change about that set up?

    Im meeting with the man next week about our kitchen design and I had done some drawings to show him what I wanted in the coffee station......I might just send him to your place instead and you can show him how it's done.

    i wouldn't mind seeing a few close ups of the knock box to see how that was done.....if that's not too taller order?

    i had visions of mine breaking the first time I bashed out a puk.
    Last edited by Smee; 18th August 2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: add on

  24. #24
    Junior Member Hypergear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    Knock box is just a piece of metal that is inside the concrete. I have a $5 rubbish bin under it. Pics attached to give you a clearer idea on how it was done.

    IMG-20160512-WA0002.jpg 20160515_160854.jpg 20160527_202249.jpg

  25. #25
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergear View Post
    Knock box is just a piece of metal that is inside the concrete. I have a $5 rubbish bin under it. Pics attached to give you a clearer idea on how it was done.

    IMG-20160512-WA0002.jpg 20160515_160854.jpg 20160527_202249.jpg

    Thankyou so much. I have all these ideas in my head and when I started talking about it to 'the man' I was imagining I was going to end up with a series of BLANK STARES etc.

    You've been a great help.

  26. #26
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    It's good to see you guys working together. I have a feeling that you're going to create something magnificent Smee - No pressure at all
    Hi Paul,

    Im basically OCD and I'd drive any normal person nuts with the way I plan things, my wife actually said, tell him to send me the coffee machine and she'll send me to you.

    Jokes aside, I see such a great wealth of knowledge on this forum and I'm trying to tap into that.

    thanks to all of you, it's appreciated.

    edit to say: the kitchen man will probably roll his eyes when I talk to him and then show me dozens of photos of jobs he's done with inbuilt knock boxes etc.

    imo, it will be a great place to throw veggie scraps and empty every day or two into my compost pile. Every kitchen should have a knock box.
    Last edited by Smee; 18th August 2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Add text
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergear View Post
    Knock box is just a piece of metal that is inside the concrete. I have a $5 rubbish bin under it. Pics attached to give you a clearer idea on how it was done.

    IMG-20160512-WA0002.jpg 20160515_160854.jpg 20160527_202249.jpg
    That is awesome, i too am going to be planning a coffee bar/station at home. Still in the middle of ideas and sketches on the table top and appliances layout.
    Do you have pictures of your completed setup? Would love to take a look at

  28. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    That concrete bench looks amazing!

  29. #29
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    I'll have a nice amount of space (135 wide by 50 deep). The problem is that I won't have drainage at the location as my house is on a slab.... it's close to the main kitchen though so I'll have to be prepared to run in and out. Here's a draft:

    Thoughts welcome

    Is 50 deep enough?

    how bout a drain to an underbench or face that's easily manually emptied......plumbing is the way to go.

    i have jack hammer.....willing to travel, concrete smongcrete

    sometimes, you just need to man-up with these women, walk in the room, hands on your hips, stamp your foot and say, "Listen here woman, me and the boys, we're gonna kanga up this floor on the weekend, run a few pipes and then we're gonna get in a few tradies to sort the mess out and you woman, you're going to get a second job to pay for it. Then run like all hell for goodness sake.



    ps: don't tell her I said so
    Last edited by Smee; 15th March 2017 at 06:04 PM.

  30. #30
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Thanks heaps Smee.
    You have got my brain cogs turning
    50 deep isn't great but I have to work with that. I will probably down-size my machine
    I'll give the plumbing issue some more thought though.
    Cheers, P
    Mate, for little money you could bring in water through the ceiling down the wall perhaps.....depending on structure but for waste you are buggered but maybe a bucket receptical under the bench is better than buggerising around with machine trays....still needs to be emptied often to avoid attracting pests.

    no easy answer I'm afraid.

    dont downgrade machines....upgrade kitchens I had a laugh but it ain't cheap

  31. #31
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    50 deep isn't great but I have to work with that. I will probably down-size my machine
    At least you don't have cupboard doors opening over that bench. When I bought my lever machine off Sniff, I thought the 50cm deep bench that my old Diadema was on would (just) be fine. I was wrong. Even on the 70cm deep bench it now sits on, once you leave space for the power cable to plug in at the rear there's not heaps of space left.
    Smee likes this.

  32. #32
    Senior Member magnafunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Kimberley, WA
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    you're going to get a second job to pay for it.
    Pauly and his Mrs have already had to take second jobs to pay for all the hats he keeps eating
    coffeechris, kbc and Smee like this.

  33. #33
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by magnafunk View Post
    Pauly and his Mrs have already had to take second jobs to pay for all the hats he keeps eating
    I actually heard there was a hat shortage in Victoria, which has caused the price of hats to sky rocket. Economist are predicting 'hats' to be the next bubble.

    On a side note, Mrs Pauly must be a very patient woman.

  34. #34
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    At least you don't have cupboard doors opening over that bench. When I bought my lever machine off Sniff, I thought the 50cm deep bench that my old Diadema was on would (just) be fine. I was wrong. Even on the 70cm deep bench it now sits on, once you leave space for the power cable to plug in at the rear there's not heaps of space left.
    Barry, Paul is going to downgrade to a 2017 special edition George Clooney Nespresso mkIV. Apparently they are coming out with Tiranium enfused on/off switch and a free create of those vintage 2014 pods.

    The profits from the Pro800 are being used to import more hats from NSW.


  35. #35
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Thanks for the advice all. Away from plumbing is a pain but the dedicated coffee space will be great.
    Always look on the bright side mate and you're absolutely correct.

    Are you sure that's not 600 deep, they're normally 600 as a minimum.....although you are mexican, they do strange things down there in the bottom corner if the east coast.

  36. #36
    Senior Member trentski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altona, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,570
    Big red mug has no waste generated other than what goes in the cup. Maybe thats your answer

  37. #37
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Hmmmmm..... Nespresso is compact. Good thinking Smee.

    You could glue a lever lever on the side of it and pretend to move it.....make sounds with your lips etc.

    Remember, it's all smoke and mirrors and if George C is so happy with the results in the cup, you can be happy too.

    Either that or......you could have a little accident with the current bench which required its replacement. How bout, "honey I slipped and ran into the kitchen bench with the car.

    either that hat or cut a hole in the wall and let the rear of the 800 live in the room behind !

  38. #38
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Can you take over the laundry or something?

    These are desperate times.

  39. #39
    Senior Member readeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    I passed the wall mod idea to my wife and no-can-do...

    I need to downsize as the PF handle will stick out as well and it's a hallway. I have a shallow machine in mind so no big problem there
    Profiling modded Linea mini
    Smee likes this.

  40. #40
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    ^ So what are you trying to say Pauly? You're a bit "slutty"?

    :P

  41. #41
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    My cabinet maker is building a sliding knock box drawer. Very cool.
    Sounds interesting. I was going to post and let you know my wife is putting the squeeze on me and has requested I reduce the size of my coffee station......realising her gentle request was actually a statement I was going to delete my in bench knock box to save room.
    .
    Now you've caught my attention with this invention Mr Paul.
    .
    please explain.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  42. #42
    Senior Member Magic_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northlandia
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Truth is I'm promiscuous....
    Best idea might be to not commit and just try different machines as they come and go.
    I believe the term is "serial monogamist" - as coined by High Fidelity iirc.
    Smee likes this.

  43. #43
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    I'll try Smee.
    The idea is to have a sturdy, hidden under-mounted sliding drawer that will sit inside the top of the cupboard on the RHS.
    I hope that makes sense.
    Cheers, P
    understand.

    the only problem I see with that is having to open a door then slide out the nock box.

    how bout a pull out drawer that is the knock box.....but more stream lined......thanks, ur helping me manipulate the gray thing.

  44. #44
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Matt View Post
    I believe the term is "serial monogamist" - as coined by High Fidelity iirc.
    Matty the linguist !
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  45. #45
    Senior Member Magic_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northlandia
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Matty the linguist !
    Now I'm feeling inspired.

    Serial caffeinamist..?
    Smee likes this.

  46. #46
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    I could have 2 draws.....upper with inbuilt knock box, lower for storage of items pilfered from the b show room after I visit
    kbc likes this.

  47. #47
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Matt View Post
    Now I'm feeling inspired.

    Serial caffeinamist..?
    I feel a forum name change approaching
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  48. #48
    Senior Member Magic_Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northlandia
    Posts
    1,299

    Designing Kitchen with 'Coffee Station'

    Not mine... How would I annoy the GOM of the forum without the word "Magic" in my name?

    .Sig maybe... But the glove doesn't really fit me.

    Pauly on the other hand... Though he's more of a serial headgear consumerologist
    Smee likes this.

  49. #49
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Matt View Post
    Not mine... How would I annoy the GOM of the forum without the word "Magic" in my name?
    I changed my title under my name but I must need to clear or eat my cookies.....cos it's not showing yet.

    im a "Apprentice Serial Caffeinamist"
    Magic_Matt likes this.

  50. #50
    Apprentice Coffee snob
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    323
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Paul must be the "Serial Hateatingimist"


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •