Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 151 to 174 of 174
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Eureka Atom

  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,004
    When Eureka say it is a powerful grinder it isn't just all torque obviously...

  2. #152
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    Did anyone buy their eureka atom from Coffee Parts and then get new declumper and portafilter holder? I heard some retailers are providing them for free

  3. #153
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    743
    I'd be interested to know what the "new" ones look like...

  4. #154
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    I think I've read about in another forum, could be in the US, the new declumper is metal and the portafilter is slightly thicker

  5. #155
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Casula, NSW
    Posts
    478
    I'm pretty sure that change happened months ago. The black portafilter holder was the thin one and the stainless one you see in my posts in June is the new thicker one. I haven't pulled mine apart yet for a clean (might do that later today!) so I can't comment on the declumping mechanism, but I think from videos etc they look metal? I bought mine from Coffee Parts and haven't heard anything from them. Why them specifically?

  6. #156
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    I'm pretty sure that change happened months ago. The black portafilter holder was the thin one and the stainless one you see in my posts in June is the new thicker one. I haven't pulled mine apart yet for a clean (might do that later today!) so I can't comment on the declumping mechanism, but I think from videos etc they look metal? I bought mine from Coffee Parts and haven't heard anything from them. Why them specifically?
    So are you saying the new one is the stainless steel one and the old one was black or did you spray it black? I bought mine end of May and it has a stainless steel one, but I'm not sure if that is the new or old one.

    I purchased mine from Coffee Parts and emailed them regarding these new changes. They said they'd check with Eureka and get back to me but never did.

  7. #157
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Casula, NSW
    Posts
    478
    The original Atoms came with a black portafilter fork, that was apparently a bit thin. The stainless ones are the new ones, mine is stainless but I painted it with black plasti-dip.
    matth3wh likes this.

  8. #158
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    The original Atoms came with a black portafilter fork, that was apparently a bit thin. The stainless ones are the new ones, mine is stainless but I painted it with black plasti-dip.
    Ah thanks for clearing that, so I guess I do have the new one then.

  9. #159
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    The stainless ones are the new ones, mine is stainless but I painted it with black plasti-dip.
    Good reminder... I must make use of some holiday time and get the plasti-dip on.

    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    I haven't pulled mine apart yet for a clean (might do that later today!)
    Definitely worth checking it out and pretty easy to get access to things.

    NOTE: The two screws holding on the top of grind chute seem like they've been strategically placed to ensure you'll be most likely to end up dropping in to the body of the grinder.

    Declumper intermingled with coffee - part 1.



    more pics
    Last edited by matth3wh; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:48 AM.
    chrisvarghese likes this.

  10. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    64
    Try wiping the dust off the Atom’s feet with a wet cloth - they get pretty sticky then and this may help in stopping the torque effect for you

  11. #161
    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    482
    I think you will find that some of the early ATOMs that came into Australia as private imports had the black filter holder.

    Since then the Australian specified models (and current spec ) have the thicker stainless steel filter holder.

    The start of this thread has a review on a private import with the black filter holder. This may have added to the confusion.


    We have some pretty sharp pricing on the ATOMs at the moment including free delivery Australia wide
    https://www.casaespresso.com.au/eureka-atom.html



    Cheers
    Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    matth3wh likes this.

  12. #162
    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    482


    This is the updated holder. All stainless and quite a bit thicker then the original black holders

    Cheers

    Antony
    Www.casaespresso.com.au
    Tridoros and chrisvarghese like this.

  13. #163
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    So I've noticed that whenever I pull my first shot in the morning in the Atom, it'll take about 18-20 seconds. And if I pull a shot after that or after another 2, the time taken is around 27-30 without making any changes to grind adjustment. Any idea why? Is it cos of burr temperatures?

  14. #164
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Casula, NSW
    Posts
    478
    Are you purging? Sounds like stale grinds. I purge at least 3.0s before the first shot of the day. Then the first shot is slightly faster (1-2s) than the second but not too bad.

  15. #165
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Are you purging? Sounds like stale grinds. I purge at least 3.0s before the first shot of the day. Then the first shot is slightly faster (1-2s) than the second but not too bad.
    I do purge, but I think I may need to purge longer, will give that a try.

  16. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,004
    It isnít purging then. The differences you are talking are not great. It could be the natural variation in the grind produced with this machine and/or technique in shot preparation, tamping or even variations in the espresso machine. It is what is in the cup that counts and there is a move to doing a shot based not on time but on what you see.

    You may have to be hospitalised soon in the Espresso ward of a local hospital.

    I will pray for you...
    chrisvarghese likes this.

  17. #167
    Senior Member matth3wh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvarghese View Post
    I do purge, but I think I may need to purge longer, will give that a try.
    Hi Chris
    Just out of interest are you weighing these doses out of the grinder?

  18. #168
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by matth3wh View Post
    Hi Chris
    Just out of interest are you weighing these doses out of the grinder?
    Yea i do, been weighing 20gms.
    matth3wh likes this.

  19. #169
    Senior Member trentski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altona, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvarghese View Post
    So I've noticed that whenever I pull my first shot in the morning in the Atom, it'll take about 18-20 seconds. And if I pull a shot after that or after another 2, the time taken is around 27-30 without making any changes to grind adjustment. Any idea why? Is it cos of burr temperatures?
    Might not be the grinder could be the espresso machine. Try pulling a blank shot first or give the first one to the wife.

    Second shot is usually better than the first.
    chrisvarghese likes this.

  20. #170
    338
    338 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by trentski View Post
    or give the first one to the wife.

    Second shot is usually better than the first.
    Your wife doesn't read the forum?

  21. #171
    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by trentski View Post
    Might not be the grinder could be the espresso machine. Try pulling a blank shot first or give the first one to the wife.

    Second shot is usually better than the first.
    As suggested could be that your machine is not fully up to heat yet, If it has an E61 group head then it will take a good 30min to come up to heat.

    Cheers

    Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au

  22. #172
    Senior Member trentski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Altona, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    Your wife doesn't read the forum?
    My wife doesn't drink coffee. Its just me and the 3 year old
    coffeechris and 338 like this.

  23. #173
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    16
    I've been purging a lot more (3-4 seconds) and it appears to be fine now. Thanks for the input guys.

  24. #174
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Casula, NSW
    Posts
    478
    Good to hear!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •