Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 101 to 114 of 114
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Bitcoin and Poseidon.

  1. #101
    Senior Member noonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MortalCoil
    Posts
    288
    One market indicator with a great track record is sometimes all it takes:

    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/bofa...n-5-years.html

    Bear Bull Indicator.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    The media love to paint the bleakest picture, check the chart below compared to the 10 year chart in post 93, what you see below is a short term chart for the month of Jan 2018, the very top RH corner of the 10 year chart, not all that significant.

    Offers a totally different perspective, guess if you went long in the week prior to Jan 26 you wouldn't be happy, my guess is that the smart traders were selling short.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by noonar View Post
    One market indicator with a great track record is sometimes all it takes:

    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/bofa...n-5-years.html

    Bear Bull Indicator.
    Indicators are interesting Noonar, the very fact that a firm with the reputation of Merrill Lynch issued a sell signal would in its self have caused many to get out of the market, once a trend begins crowd psychology quickly takes over.

    The bulls will be waiting at the bottom looking for bargains and ready to move in once the current trend is exhausted and an up trend is once again in place.

  4. #104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    The media love to paint the bleakest picture, check the chart below compared to the 10 year chart in post 93, what you see below is a short term chart for the month of Jan 2018, the very top RH corner of the 10 year chart, not all that significant.

    Offers a totally different perspective, guess if you went long in the week prior to Jan 26 you wouldn't be happy, my guess is that the smart traders were selling short.

    This post made me laugh, the media bleakness is quite similar to Yelta's painting of Bitcoin. :-)

  5. #105
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by boblinder View Post
    This post made me laugh, the media bleakness is quite similar to Yelta's painting of Bitcoin. :-)
    I guess you either understand whats going on here or you don't, you cant draw parallels between the US stock market and Bitcoin.

    If you look at the two charts I posted of the Dow you will comprehend whats happening is simply a correction, they happen regularly.

    Bitcoin on the other hand has crashed dramatically, feel sorry for the people who bought in at $20,000.

  6. #106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    I guess you either understand whats going on here or you don't, you cant draw parallels between the US stock market and Bitcoin.

    If you look at the two charts I posted of the Dow you will comprehend whats happening is simply a correction, they happen regularly.

    Bitcoin on the other hand has crashed dramatically, feel sorry for the people who bought in at $20,000.
    .

    The parallels are to be drawn between the bleak reporting of the market crash and Yelta's bleak reporting of Bitcoin. :-)

    Such irony.
    Last edited by boblinder; 1 Week Ago at 09:23 PM. Reason: Booboo

  7. #107
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by boblinder View Post
    .

    The parallels are to be drawn between the bleak reporting of the market crash and Yelta's bleak reporting of Bitcoin. :-)

    Such irony.
    Editing and changing the syntax of a post after it has been responded to is a pretty devious action.

    My last exchange with you re this topic.

  8. #108
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14
    Well you may be happy as there is more bleakness in the media today.

    But

    If spelling errors are proof of deviousness then I am guilty as charged. This keyboard is need of replacement. :-)

  9. #109
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by boblinder View Post
    Well you may be happy as there is more bleakness in the media today.

    But

    If spelling errors are proof of deviousness then I am guilty as charged. This keyboard is need of replacement. :-)
    This is what you originally said.

    "This post made me laugh, the media bleakness is quite similar to Yelta's painting of Bitcoin."

    This is the post after your "spelling correction."

    "The parallels are to be drawn between the bleak reporting of the market crash and Yelta's bleak reporting of Bitcoin. :-)
    Such irony."

    Unusual keyboard! must have a mind of its own.

    Guilty as charged.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14
    What are you talking about, my post is still there with the post I edited which had spelling mistakes this keyboard is to be replaced Saturday.

    Courts in session. :-)

  11. #111
    Super Moderator Javaphile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    14,393
    Yelta, The message you are quoting is post 104, not post 106.


    Java "Say what?" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

  12. #112
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by boblinder View Post
    What are you talking about, my post is still there with the post I edited which had spelling mistakes this keyboard is to be replaced Saturday.

    Courts in session. :-)
    Courts out, not guilty verdict, my error, I confused two posts.

    I apologise.

    I have sent Boblinder a PM offering an apology.
    noonar likes this.

  13. #113
    Senior Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    866
    We seem to have got to a situation in which the US stockmarket rules the Global financial world.
    Of course it is only a few influential financial entities that rule the Stockmarket.
    They would be the ones making the big killing out of events such as this.
    If you distill it to it's basic meaning, it's actually stealing, as they gain by precipitating a situation in which the masses lose.
    As we know from the GFC, the perpetrators will not do any jail time.
    They will drag their winnings off to their tax-free havens.
    Paolo and Jackster like this.

  14. #114
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    5,526
    I see Bitcoin has just hit the US$10000 mark again, still technically in a down trend.

    Where to from here?
    https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •