Thread: Breville 800ES 4 Cup Filter Head

Breville 800ES 4 Cup Filter Head

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello. *My fist real post!

Over Christmas I bought the Breville 800ES espresso machine and Breville BCG450 grinder combo, a bargain for $350 at the Good Guys. *Ive made a few poor coffees and then a few good coffees, after finding the roaster St. Ali (South Melbourne, VIC).

I found the problem with this machine is the small and pressurised filter basket. *Ive heard about the replacement filters (krups MS0907163 or breville bar italia). *I couldnt really be bothered to order one so I had a look at our old rubbish coffee machine we used once. *Its one of those espresso machines that pushes all the water out of it instead of having a pump. *

I found the whole brew head fits! *Thatís a 4 cup brew head and non pressurised filter! *Its a Ronson Cafe model 8490 if it helps anyone.

I just need to make a tamper for it at work. *Done!!!

Cheers

A_M

Re: Breville 800ES 4 Cup Filter Head

Quote Originally Posted by 6A6B686A3A3A3A0F0 link=1232165359/0#0 date=1232165359
    Hello. *My fist real post!

Over Christmas I bought the Breville 800ES espresso machine and Breville BCG450 grinder combo, a bargain for $350 at the Good Guys. *Ive made a few poor coffees and then a few good coffees, after finding the roaster St. Ali (South Melbourne, VIC).

I found the problem with this machine is the small and pressurised filter basket. *Ive heard about the replacement filters (krups MS0907163 or breville bar italia). *I couldnt really be bothered to order one so I had a look at our old rubbish coffee machine we used once. *Its one of those espresso machines that pushes all the water out of it instead of having a pump. *

I found the whole brew head fits! *Thatís a 4 cup brew head and non pressurised filter! *Its a Ronson Cafe model 8490 if it helps anyone.

I just need to make a tamper for it at work. *Done!!!

Cheers
    There are lots of ways to make your PF non pressurized... *While your intentions may be great... *

Tried to find out more on the old system you mentioned... But came up blank, so can only guess. Found a pic on evilbay..

The amount of coffee for 4 cups etc suggests that you will have quite a puck and there is going to be any number of issues that you will run into.. *

Further more you grind size will be interesting and pushing water through that depth suggests that the top layer will be over extracted and the result may not be so crash hot. If only part fill it, that will not work as well.

Note: I am assuming that your talking about using the over sized group and PF...

Re: Breville 800ES 4 Cup Filter Head

Interestingly enough, we have an old one of these at work, and I use it when the Automatic is off being fixed. I need my coffee at work! I bring fresh grinds from home (Macap M4D).

I had a couple of people say the coffee I made from it was better than the auto, so I hope it works for you.

Greg