Thread: Breville Ikon or the Presso...?

Breville Ikon or the Presso...?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

So Im looking at getting an EM0480 grinder... Im just wondering whether my money would be better spent on a Breville Ikon or one of those Presso Machines.

To start with I wasnt looking at spending $350 on a machine, but I can get it at cost price, (approx 250) through my brother who works at a retailer.

Just wondering whether it would be better to shell out the $200 for the Presso, or the $250+ odd for the Ikon...

Cheers,

Damien

Re: Breville Ikon or the Presso...?

Hi Damien...

To be honest, youll be upgrading before you know it if you go for a Breville. (dunno about presso)

See how much your brother can do a Sunbeam EM6910 for. (maybe $500-520). A fair bit more than your willing to pay but well worth it features and quality wise.

I dont have experience with the breville or presso, but the presso sure looks pretty cool :)

if youre only having non-milk drinks, presso is the winner. If you need to foam milk, maybe consider the ikon. Although on the presso youtube videos the guy uses an in-cup frother that would probably suffice (not really stretched, but good enough for a decent coffee). Having said that, have you considered an aeropress? might be a good place to start at about $50, and then you can keep putting money away for a better machine...

Yeah after reading a few of the posts here, I would LOVE to have an EM6910, but Im only a part time coffee drinker...

Probably 3 days a week, so just not sure I can justify the cost :(

But I do love a good coffee :)

Quote Originally Posted by 3A312B39666F5E0 link=1233786997/2#2 date=1233790138
    if youre only having non-milk drinks, presso is the winner. If you need to foam milk, maybe consider the ikon. Although on the presso youtube videos the guy uses an in-cup frother that would probably suffice (not really stretched, but good enough for a decent coffee). Having said that, have you considered an aeropress? might be a good place to start at about $50, and then you can keep putting money away for a better machine...
    yeah, Ill be sticking to short blacks (or espressos)... I love a good latte, but steer clear of dairy if I can :)

3 days a week and black coffee, Id probably look at some kind of press, or even look at a stove top. nice and portable too!

Awesome :)

heh, should have specified that earlier hey... my bad :P