Thread: Saeco Via Venezia Vs Gaggia Baby D Twin

Saeco Via Venezia Vs Gaggia Baby D Twin

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello Guys

Im new here and have been decided between a Saeco Via Venezia and Gaggia Baby twin..

I have chosen the Saeco .. Do you think Ive made the right decision ? Can you tell me the pros and cons?

Thanks

Carly

A_M

Re: Saeco Via Venezia Vs Gaggia Baby D Twin

Quote Originally Posted by 2620202F243C450 link=1236031072/0#0 date=1236031072
    Hello Guys

Im new here and have been decided between a Saeco Via Venezia and *Gaggia Baby twin..

I have chosen the Saeco .. Do you think Ive made the right decision ? Can you tell me the pros and cons?

Thanks

Carly
    Do a search on CS first and then you will find plenty on both the systems you have identified.

However if you have already chosen the Saeco Via Venezia, then attempting to manage " Post Purchase Dissidence" by reviewing another machine may not be the best way forward...

Look here for eg. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1197020997

If you have not purchased, then continue with your research and you can then make an informed decision.

thank you for your reply.. i have agonized over choosing a coffee machine for some time now i see every coffee machine has good and bad points.. i did a search for the gaggia baby on here but didnt come up with much i just would like views from people that know more about coffee machines if you know what i mean .. and if you think ive made the right decision ?? :S :-[

Hey Carly

I bought a Saeco VV last week and I love it.

The coffees were a bit average to start but after depressurizing the porta filter and getting some fresh beans my espressos are tasting nice.

If you go with the VV id definately recommend fixing the portafilter.

Good luck.

a capable and reliable little machine that will do well, esp if you depressurize the group handle and get a decent tamper that fits (~53-53.5mm)

Can you please tell me how to do this and the reason for it ? what does it do ? ?

ceejah,

search this section for details which I and others have posted on several occasions. basically just unscrew, disassemble, remove all plastic, including the false floor and reassemble.
    the reason for this is that the group handle is pressurized which takes one element of control out of your hands. you may prefer this, but it also means that getting good espresso (even important for milk based drinks) is more difficult.
    that said, it also requires that you find a proper metal tamper since you will have to supply the right dose and tamp. without doing all this you will get ok results but far from the potential of the machine.

as always...the weakest link will let you down. make sure that you always use freshly roasted beans (1 - 2 weeks old is ideal, 3 weeks is pushing it) and use a decent grinder. preground will not produce results worth the depressurized group hand.

hope that helps in your decision,

sd