Thread: Saeco Coffee machine water tank empty

Saeco Coffee machine water tank empty

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a Saeco coffee machine and recently it started giving me an error message that my water tank is empty even when its full. So I took it apart, cleaned it with an air compressor put it back together still nothin. Tried Decalcify, which worked, the water was coming out in short bursts, but once it was done it was the same problem, whether i wanted to make tea or coffee the water tank was empty. I tried taking out the little magnet in the water tank and cleaned it as well but it didnt work. I hope you guys have some other ideas for this problem

A_M

Re: Saeco Coffee machine water tank empty

Welcome..

So you have a minor problem ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 313C3B3A67312C550 link=1242678911/0#0 date=1242678911
    I have a Saeco coffee machine and recently it started giving me an error message that my water tank is empty even when its full. So I took it apart, cleaned it with an air compressor put it back together still nothin. Tried Decalcify, which worked, the water was coming out in short bursts, but once it was done it was the same problem, whether i wanted to make tea or coffee the water tank was empty. I tried taking out the little magnet in the water tank and cleaned it as well but it didnt work. I hope you guys have some other ideas for this problem

1: What model ?

2: What does the manual say ?

3: What type of water are you using ?

4: Was the magnet in a package such that it could float ?

5: What have you done or changes just prior to the Error ?

The Magnet may or may not be for level sensing - Could be but it also could be just to detect teh tank.

If there were SS probes into the tank then that suggests a conductance method... Depending on the water your using, that can be a problem.

In short, none of us here have ESP... So we need a little more info and detail.

Quote Originally Posted by 7D7077762B7D60190 link=1242678911/0#0 date=1242678911
    Tried Decalcify, which worked, the water was coming out in short bursts, but once it was done it was the same problem
    Im not familiar with the machine but I think this is the relevant bit - regardless of what model it is. ;)

It seems that the decalicifier had some effect but not completely. You could try running the decalcifier through again in the hope that it might dissolve the scale, but be sure its the right type for your machine.

If no one else has any other suggestions google saeco service to find your nearest service centre.

Does the magnet float ? - some will not float as they should over time , also , the sensor in the machine that detects the magnet may be faulty as the magnet is there to tell the machine the water level thats in the tank.

hope this helps

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6B6661603D6B760F0 link=1242678911/0#0 date=1242678911

I just happened to be given one to repair / dump.. See pic below...

The magnet its self... Should not Fail... But it could get stuck and thus not trigger the hall effect sensor.

The one I had actually had the thermo block *leaking and in fact was leaking almost all the way around... * New o rings and some other general maintenance and it appears to be now working fine..

BOT: *As to the magnet, it could be the sensor (see white object l/h side of the pic) / the connector and or the board.

These sensors do fail... * You could check the sensor directly, they are usually OC or NC, thus you could measure it and with a strong magnet or teh water tank one... see it is responds... *

I also found that the sensor wires cam off very easily... *(I got caught)

If the board... Sorry, not much you can do... *