Thread: What machine do i buy

What machine do i buy

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi i am new to this site and i wonder if anyone can tell me what i should do with my Gaggia syncrony compact.It just started to leak water and i am wondering do i spend $200 geting it fixed or do i buy a new one.Also if i buy a new one wich is better tha auto machines or the espresso ones . And what are the best brands to buy i do not want to spend anymore than $300 to $400. Maybe i could get one on ebay or simillar? Thanks...... ;) ;)

Re: What machine do i buy

Your budget may be a little low for a good machine

Having said that you could look into the Breville range

What style of coffee do you drink most ?? as there may be other options

KK

Hi we might just wait a bit and save for a good one.We have been using Paul Bassett coffee beans..I like strong flat whites..

Hi tysson and welcome.

You wont get too many supporters of super-auto machines on this site. I suppose it depends how old the machine is and how much you like it as to whether you fork over your hard earned to get it fixed. But, from all accounts, they are notorious for constantly breaking down and requiring never ending repairs.

So... if it was my machine, Id bin it and then research as much as I can on this and other sites before buying something that will suit your requirements and budget. Unfortunately, as KK said above, your $300-400 will not get you much in the way of quality coffee equipment. And when it comes to flea-bay, caveat emptor.

Well how much do i have to spend to get a decent machine.And what will it get me?.What about the sunbeam em 6910?

If youre happy with the quality of the coffee youre getting from your current machine then by all means get something similar. If youre after a step up, buy a grinder to go with it and get some fresh beans.

If you want to go further... the sky is the limit.

Grant