Thread: Espresso Machine and Grinder Machines

Espresso Machine and Grinder Machines

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

The questions I had probably something that many has asked, Ive read a few topics in CS, but hoping that I can still get assistance from the many experts here.

As usual, Im very new in buying espresso machine and grinder, my budget would range between $450 - $650, preferably a semi-automatic machine. Just got a few questions, hope you guys can help. The main purpose is to test various type of coffee beans for commercial purposes in the future if everything goes well. =]

- Is it better to buy a combination of both Grinder and Espresso Machine or 2 separate machines?
    - What grinder would you recommend?
    - What espresso machine would you recommend?

Thanks.

Caffeine Junky

Re: Espresso Machine and Grinder Machines

Hi Aslan,

Welcome to the site. Im certainly no expert but that seems like a pretty low budget for the purpose its intended.

Youd probably want to spend at the top end of your budget for a grinder alone.

maybe your best bet brand new is this?
    Lelit combi PL042
    http://www.talkcoffee.com.au/specials/index.php
    Seems Talk coffee are trying for a good deal / product with this

2nd hand do show up,

most say its bet to buy separate grinder and machine. with a joined machine if one dies then the other maybe not worth a $1?

that said I had a Saeco Bar2000 a while back that made a nice coffee and it was "joined" had a little conical burr grinder and did a good job.

IMO better off spending a bit more and getting a good quality setup, lasts longer holds value and makes better coffee.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt feedback guys. Fair enough, I agree buying separate does make life easier sometimes.

For the combined one, I was initially thinking of Nemox Dell Opera, what do you guys think? Is it worth to start from this?

Thanks.

Caffeine Junky

The Lelit Combi & the Nemox Dell Opera are essentially the same machine sold with different badges. Im not sure which company actually manufactures them.

The Mokita Combi & the Quaha Napoletana II (neither is currently being made) are other versions of the same machine.

I own a Mokita & a Napoletana so can confidently recommend any of the above versions of the machine. Im considering selling the Mokita, PM me if youre interested.

by all reports they are a very good value for money machine, There are a few site sponsors who sell them to your left. For commercial purposes down the track I think your better of trying coffee on the machine that will be making it for the customers. Ie if its a San Marino which are known to run hot you will want a lighter blend. Your home domestic machine wont tell you that.

Also single boiler machines unless they have been "PID"ed or you have good experience with temperature surfing can give inconsistent results cup to cup. Obviously this is also less then ideal if you are trying to choose a blend.

The Lelit/Imat/Qaha/Nemox Combi/Napoletana do look like good value, well built machines. *Good value too, considering their price/performance ratio.