Thread: Vice Versa - Koala Evolution Coffee Machine

Vice Versa - Koala Evolution Coffee Machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey,

I saw this really cool looking coffee machine that i would like to get for my friend for her birthday. *I dont have a whole lot of coffee machine experience so wanted to know if anyone has used this or what they think about it? *Ive attached some links for this:

Thanks

mod edit- commercial link removed

Re: Vice Versa - Koala Evolution Coffee Machine

They look nice.
    If shes interested in good coffee rather than "pretty" machines, I recommend you think about the almost new Silvia for sale http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1252204347/0#0

brett230873

IMHO the Silvia is a better looking machine anyhow. Is your friendship quirky like the Koala, or a little more serious like the Silvia?

Imo it isnt a serious machine that will inspire people to make a habit of using it. This assumption is made on the basis of the small portafilter, the fact it uses a crema disk and the froth enhancer on the steam wand. Also the company that designed it have a habit of charging extraordinary prices for simple things like knife blocks. If its sub $500 then that indicates to me thats its internals are anything but quality.

Toronto, New South Wales, Australia, Australia

I dont own it, but I did get one of vice versas adorable voodoo knife blocks, because it looks nice.
    And it does.
    But the quality of the knives are not equal to the amount spent. I have my fave santoku I use all the time, and the voodoo knives remain a mostly untouched kooky bit of bench decoration.

Maybe their focus is so much on aesthetics, that other aspects you would find desirable in their products may be underwhelming.

Just sayin.

Razia, buy your friend a lovely french press (plunger) and a bag of freshly roasted coffee from a local coffee roaster. Kyocera grinders are available through one of the CS members so that she can have freshly ground coffee, and youll have enough left over to take her to the zoo.

Then you can spend a nice day with her, and when you see a real koala there, be able to entertain her further with the story of how you almost bought her the wrong present.