Thread: Where to buy online baskets for the Breville BES820

Where to buy online baskets for the Breville BES820

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi snobbers :)

Im in Darwin, NT and I find it hard to find any good local knowledge - there seems to be no Breville spare parts agent here either.

Im looking for some non-pressurised baskets for the BES820. *Id prefer not to drill out mine, as my wife will probably still want to use them until she feels comfortable with the "new" ones.

Can anyone recommend where I can purchase baskets online for this machine? Im happy for sponsors to chime in and say "I sell them"!! *Ive heard (one this site) that these ones will do:

Bar Italia ESP 4/51 1-2 cup non- pressurised basket
    Krups (not sure what kind)

Another question: is it worth buying a generic 1-2 cup basket if Im making a lot of singles? *Ive heard that the coffee shouldnt be too far from the inlet.

And finally, one of the Breville group handles that come with the new BES860 would be nice - anyone know if theyre interchangeable with the BES820? *(Its the one with two "waterfalls" that let you see the coffee as its falling)...

Thanks heaps!

A_M

Re: Where to buy online baskets for the Breville BES820

Quote Originally Posted by 5C545C5B5157350 link=1257732993/0#0 date=1257732993
    Hi snobbers :)

Im in Darwin, NT and I find it hard to find any good local knowledge - there seems to be no Breville spare parts agent here either.

Im looking for some non-pressurised baskets for the BES820. *Id prefer not to drill out mine, as my wife will probably still want to use them until she feels comfortable with the "new" ones.

Can anyone recommend where I can purchase baskets online for this machine? *Im happy for sponsors to chime in and say "I sell them"!! *Ive heard (one this site) that these ones will do:

Bar Italia ESP 4/51 1-2 cup non- pressurised basket
    Krups (not sure what kind)

Another question: is it worth buying a generic 1-2 cup basket if Im making a lot of singles? *Ive heard that the coffee shouldnt be too far from the inlet.

And finally, one of the Breville group handles that come with the new BES860 would be nice - anyone know if theyre interchangeable with the BES820? *(Its the one with two "waterfalls" that let you see the coffee as its falling)...

Thanks heaps!
    Try Sponsor FIX

Other than that - Give Sparkys at 7 Hudson st, Albion in Brisbane a call... They are agents for SB and a number of other domestic machines and can USUALLY get what you need..

DONT USE

hi iaindb
    we sell breville, sunbeam, saeco, krups and delonghi parts on our evil bay site,

we also have a delonghi 51mm single and double filter, (single floor) for the same price as the breville.

the new BES 860 uses a 53mm filter and is not compatable with other machines

graham

Quote Originally Posted by 5B54453D0 link=1257732993/2#2 date=1257930549
    hi iaindb
    we sell breville, sunbeam, saeco, krups and delonghi parts on our evil bay site,
    thanks! can you post or pm me a link to the ebay shop?

we also have a delonghi 51mm single and double filter, (single floor) for the same price as the breville.

the new BES 860 uses a 53mm filter and is not compatable with other machines
    Really? *I just measured my group handle and its at least 53mm, that is if Im measuring in the right place. *Have a look and tell me what you think:

Given that, are there any particular part numbers I should be looking at?

graham
    Thanks heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by 2D252D2A2026440 link=1257732993/3#3 date=1258462134
    if Im measuring in the right place
    The quoted measurements are the inside diameter of the filter basket - the group handle will be sized to fit the basket.

Ah, youre right (of course!) *The inside filter basket is 51mm for both the single and double.

thanks.

We also have them at http://www.coffeetamper.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=109 if you get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3623343621243D3D3C303F510 link=1257732993/6#6 date=1258624482
    We also have them at http://www.coffeetamper.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=109 if you get stuck.
    cool thanks! *Do you have a single basket to match? *So you think this should probably work with my BES820 (standard disclaimer applying)?

thanks.

No we dont carry the single baskets, by choice. Singles are generally a lot more difficult to get a good shot out of, especially in something like these as theyre no deeper than a 58mm basket but smaller in diameter, so theyre probably only a 6g single. Far better to just buy the double and stop the shot a bit shorter - all other things being equal, itll taste richer and less bitter than the same volume of espresso from a single basket too.

Just ordered one. If only I could afford the tamper to match :) Cant wait to try it out...

Sorry to repeat old and thoroughly worn out queries but I am at my wits end dealing with resellers that Breville refer me to over here in Auckland. They either wont order a non-pressurised basket or dont get back to me after saying they are going to find out a price. :(

Anyone know a simple way of getting my hands on a set over here in NZ? :-/

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Try electrical/appliance repair shops. I found one such in Dunedin who knew all about filter baskets and other parts. I also ordered a SS frothing jug and paid considerably less than from any retailer. I had the baskets within 3 days of ordering. There must be a repair shop in Auckland who either has stock or can get stock.

I hope this helps

Which shop did you go to? I have family in Dunedin who can go there for me

I got mine from harvey norman. product code bsfw100. tell them its a purchasable item and not a spare part and they will find it for you. They have heaps left in their warehouse even though they dont make them anymore.

Ill go and see them in the shop, over the phone they were no help at the Glenfield branch.

Cheers

I purchased stuff from CJ Clarkes before they went out of business then from Appliance King - Phone number is (03) 453-5800.

Good luck!

Ive just been to Harvey Norman and they have ordered them from Aussie....heres hoping they dont take a month to arrive!
    :D

Woohoo got it, now I just need a decent steel tamper.

Still, Im getting some great espressos now with an ultra fine grind and applying a lot of pressure with my aluminium tamper.....Ill be happy with the Breville for a while I think ;)

elk

I phoned Breville (Australia) this morning and was told that they are currently out of stock. They are expecting more in at the end of next month.

Let us know when they get some stock!