Thread: Which Machine - Seaco VV vs Nemox Jnr vs Gaggia Baby Dose

Which Machine - Seaco VV vs Nemox Jnr vs Gaggia Baby Dose

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy my OH a coffee machine for xmas. He is an espresso drinker but we want to be able to produce a nice cappuccino when we have guest as well.

I have narrowed my search down to 3 possible machines, but as I have had no luck in finding any of these in store, I will be ordering online, so would like opinions from the resident experts on them if possible. :)

The 3 I am looking at are the:

Saeco Via Venezia
    Nemox Junior
    Gaggia Baby Dose

Thanks in advance :)

A_M

Re: Which Machine - Seaco VV vs Nemox Jnr vs Gaggia Baby Dose

Quote Originally Posted by 3729313622440 link=1258259267/0#0 date=1258259267
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy my OH a coffee machine for xmas. He is an espresso drinker but we want to be able to produce a nice cappuccino when we have guest as well.

I have narrowed my search down to 3 possible machines, but as I have had no luck in finding any of these in store, I will be ordering online, so would like opinions from the resident experts on them if possible. :)

The 3 I am looking at are the:

Saeco Via Venezia
    Nemox Junior
    Gaggia Baby Dose

Thanks in advance :)
    1: What do you mean by .. * will be ordering online ??? *If from e-bay... Then let teh buyer beware... Can not recommend it...

There are many reasons why the are not in many stores..

2: I would be looking at the Saeco or Nemox over the Gaggia..

What grinder are you intending to get ? *Without a quality grinder.. *What you spend on the machine could be a waist..

Spend a little more and or look at the cost of the machine and a grinder and look at the Combo units for about $800 and provided by one or more sponsors..

A: Support to be had
    B: Quality machine...

PS. *Read the forums and uses the search function to find out more.. *http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1257241858

PPS. *Where are you located...

Hi,

By ordering online, I mean ordering from an online store, not buying at auction.

Somewhere like:
    *** Non Sponsor Link removed in accordance with Site Sales and Posting Policy ***

Im probably leaning towards the Saeco or Gaggia because I work near their service centre. I am Sydney based.

Ive tried searching for all 3 machines but cant seem to find a huge amount on them on this forum, though the product review site had a lot of reviews on the Saeco, most of which were positive... so I guess I have answered my own question. I had a laugh

Still interested if anyone has first hand experience with these machines though. :)

Just wanted to add, we did have a cheapie Breville Cafe Roma machine that we were really happy with, however, it decided to stop working after 3 weeks so we thought we would spend a little extra this time & get something a little more reliable. :)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 39273F382C4A0 link=1258259267/2#2 date=1258263957
    Hi,

By ordering online, I mean ordering from an online store, not buying at auction.

Somewhere like:

Im probably leaning towards the Saeco or Gaggia because I work near their service centre. I am Sydney based.

Ive tried searching for all 3 machines but cant seem to find a huge amount on them on this forum, though the product review site had a lot of reviews on the Saeco, most of which were positive... so I guess I have answered my own question. I had a laugh

Still interested if anyone has first hand experience with these machines though. :)
    There are reasons why some cheep systems are not here... *They *cheep..

1: What grinder do you use..

2: What beans do you use.

If you do a search you will see that people you go cheep end up having to spend even more in the end and start all over again..

If "He is an espresso drinker but we want to be able to produce a nice cappuccino when we have guest as well."

Then these little systems will not do all that you expect in the manner that you may expect.. Words on a web page are cheep and the disclaimers are buried in teh fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by 39273F382C4A0 link=1258259267/3#3 date=1258264191
    Just wanted to add, we did have a cheapie Breville Cafe Roma machine that we were really happy with, however, it decided to stop working after 3 weeks so we thought we would spend a little extra this time & get something a little more reliable. :)
    Breville Cafe Roma are cheep but not not that bad... Why did it break ??

Besides the systems your looking at are only half a step up from the Breville Cafe Roma.. A little more in $$$ but in effect little change in performance ..

Black and Decker are at 20 Fletcher Road Mooroolbark, VIC.

You can buy one of their "espresso makers" for about $25.

If you move in to number 18 Fletcher Rd youll be as close as you can get to the service centre.

Moral of the story - I dont like the link you included. :P

;D ;D

Thanks Angermanagement. :) So your saying there would be no point in buying a machine unless we are willing to spend more $$?

We have a sunbeam grinder of some description & as for beans, well we have been trying to find somewhere that sells similar coffee to the stuff we brought back from Vietnam recently, but so far no luck.

We are not sure what was wrong with the Breville, OH was making maybe 3 cups of coffee a day with it & it just blocked up one day, he tried flushing it etc (forgive my terminology, I am a newbie to all things coffee) but all to no avail...

I guess I was just hoping that someone here had experience with one of these machines & would be able to tell me a little about it... but seems like most members probably have much better equipment than I am prepared to pay the $$ for. :(

P.S
    Sorry if the link offended you Denis. It was just the first one I found.

Hi again smurf. There is a whole list of Site Sponsors on the left side of the page and you can email all of them at once with details at the bottom of the list.

In your email, explain your circumstances, include your budget, and ask for suggestions. Those that can help will undoubtedly respond.

Cheers!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7769717662040 link=1258259267/7#7 date=1258277436
    Thanks Angermanagement. :) So your saying there would be no point in buying a machine unless we are willing to spend more $$?

We have a sunbeam grinder of some description & as for beans, well we have been trying to find somewhere that sells similar coffee to the stuff we brought back from Vietnam recently, but so far no luck.

We are not sure what was wrong with the Breville, OH was making maybe 3 cups of coffee a day with it & it just blocked up one day, he tried flushing it etc (forgive my terminology, I am a newbie to all things coffee) but all to no avail...

I guess I was just hoping that someone here had experience with one of these machines & would be able to tell me a little about it... but seems like most members probably have much better equipment than I am prepared to pay the $$ for. :(

P.S
    Sorry if the link offended you Denis. It was just the first one I found.

Grinders can cost lots and if it has blades like a food processor forget it...

but seems like most members probably have much better equipment than I am prepared to pay the $$ for. :(
    No... Many CoffeeSnobs have basic machines but also understand what the equipment can and can not do...

If ya buying beans from teh supermarket or GJ etc... Then ya tossing $$$ down the drain.. Go use instant....

What your wanting it to do is not so easy... And there are lots of info your not providing etc...

I have a $145 Sunbeam and it will make as good a coffee, as some of the better machines..

1: FRESH beans

2: Ground correctly

3: Packed and tamped correctly

I can make ONE cup and make a great shot... If I want good milk... It will take a little longer... You want two cups... Then 10 Minutes between the small cups..

If ya want it quicker; then all cups after the first one will be CRAP..

My Family has had a Nemox combo - badged as a Quaha - for about twelve years making coffee every day with never a problem. The only servicing we have had is to replace the seals, everything else is original and still going strong. I would highly recommend Nemox.
    The reason you may not have found much information on Nemox is that they are often re badged as Quaha, Mokita, Napolitanta or a couple of other names. There is a website that makes a comparison between the Nemox and a couple of other consumer machines that I found very useful. http://coffeegeek.com/opinions/alanfrew/07-01-2002

Gday Smurf,
    I have to back up Aaron, weve had a Quaha Napolitana combo for 3years and the only problem I had was the steam wand.
    We have upgraded but it is such a good machine that I just cant let it go.

I feel that it is as good as a Silvia and the best choice of the 3 that you have listed. From memory the other 2 have either aluminium or stainless. Also look at the Saeco filter holder.

Dont be put off with a combo, they take up less space and as Aaron says theyre good for a long term if cleaned regularily.

Good luck with your search,

Thomas