Thread: Is my broken Via Venezia worth selling?

lsd

Is my broken Via Venezia worth selling?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

My Via Venezia died a couple of months ago -- one minute it was working fine, but the next it just wouldnt turn on again. Its probably just the power switch that needs replacing, so its probably a cheap fix, but I decided to use it as an excuse to upgrade to a Silvia instead (which is coming tomorrow :)

One problem, though, is that I was in the middle of cleaning the machine when it died, so the boiler is still half-full of the Cafetto Espresso Clean @Home cleaning solution. Would having this sit in the boiler for a couple of months have caused any damage to it? Is it worth trying to sell it for some small amount, or is it destined for the scrap-heap?

A_M

Re: Is my broken Via Venezia worth selling?

Quote Originally Posted by 455A4D290 link=1259799824/0#0 date=1259799824
    Hi guys,

My Via Venezia died a couple of months ago -- one minute it was working fine, but the next it just wouldnt turn on again. Its probably just the power switch that needs replacing, so its probably a cheap fix, but I decided to use it as an excuse to upgrade to a Silvia instead (which is coming tomorrow :)

One problem, though, is that I was in the middle of cleaning the machine when it died, so the boiler is still half-full of the Cafetto Espresso Clean @Home cleaning solution. Would having this sit in the boiler for a couple of months have caused any damage to it? Is it worth trying to sell it for some small amount, or is it destined for the scrap-heap?
    Umm interesting...

Could not say for sure... For me I would be suss as to short term Vs longer term affects.......

There may be other CSs that have such a unit... If so you could use it as a pay it forward offer..

My guts says... Good for parts only..

lsd

Yep, it sounds like Ill be best off throwing it up as a "free to good home" offer -- Ill be moving house soon so Id be glad for someone to take it off my hands :)

Quote Originally Posted by 5C4354300 link=1259799824/2#2 date=1259888176
    Yep, it sounds like Ill be best off throwing it up as a "free to good home" offer -- Ill be moving house soon so Id be glad for someone to take it off my hands :)
    Hi lsd,

I cant imagine a little Caffetto would hurt the boiler much.
    If it is only the switch should be an easy and cheap fix and then would be a candidate for EB, since you are moving up in the world.
    But if its a give away I would be happy to take it off your hands, for fix or parts.
    I would recommend the former for your sake.

Kind regards
    Lindsay