Thread: Bottomless portafilter for my Via Venezia...

Bottomless portafilter for my Via Venezia...

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello to everyone :)

Just like to introduce myself, as this is my first post.

My name is Nader, and Ive recently become a bit of a coffee addict :p

So much so, that I got given a Via Venezia for my birthday a couple months back :)

Anyway... More to the point... Im looking for a bottomless group handle for my Via Venezia. After a fair bit of searching around online, Ive managed to find a couple of 53mm bottomless portafilters, but none of which are made for this machine. Ive come to the conclusion that I might have to make one, but Im not sure what group handle I should buy, to start cutting up. I assume I need a non-pressurised group handle to start with... Anything else??? If all else fails, Ill get one machined up... It always helps to know people ;)

Cheers,
    Nader.

Re: Bottomless group handle for my Via Venezia...

Hi Nader, and welcome to CoffeeSnobs.

You can turn your pressurised group handle into a non-pressurised fairly easily just with some simple disassembly. This process is also reversible if you ever decide to sell and want to make it original.

A search of this website will give you the information you need to do this.

as far as I know the VV is unique with its group handle and the best bet for a true bottomless would be to cut the bottom off a spare. Im not sure where one of those could be obtained. Maybe email the sponsors and see what they may have in stock?

Greg

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5D72777661130 link=1263561663/0#0 date=1263561663
    Hello to everyone :)

Just like to introduce myself, as this is my first post.

My name is Nader, and Ive recently become a bit of a coffee addict :p

So much so, that I got given a Via Venezia for my birthday a couple months back :)

Anyway... More to the point... Im looking for a bottomless group handle for my Via Venezia. After a fair bit of searching around online, Ive managed to find a couple of 53mm bottomless portafilters, but none of which are made for this machine. Ive come to the conclusion that I might have to make one, but Im not sure what group handle I should buy, to start cutting up. I assume I need a non-pressurised group handle to start with... Anything else??? If all else fails, Ill get one machined up... It always helps to know people ;)

Cheers,
    Nader.
    Some conflicting terms being used ???

1: Pressurised Baskets
    2: Bottomless Group Handel
    3: non-pressurised group handle - New one on me :)

That evil place has a machine for about $10 at the moment on Auction... A group Handel might be worth $20 or more... So if ya get it... for $30 ya get some extra spare parts as well???

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 200F0604132C000F0006040C040F15610 link=1263561663/2#2 date=1263563476
    That evil place has a machine for about $10 at the moment on Auction... *A group Handel might be worth $20 or more... So if ya get it... for $30 ya get some extra spare parts as well???
    Good idea AM, from memory its listed as having some pressure issues...which probably means it has never been cleaned.

Apologies for the conflicting terminology... I wrote that post bit by bit, the second half of which was written late last night, after a very long day :|

Im obviously talking about obtaining a non-pressurised, bottomless portafilter for my machine.

In that case, it sounds like my best bet would be to buy a spare portafilter, and de-pressurise it. I guess once I get the hang of using a de-pressurised portafilter, I can cut the bottom off and go skinny brewing ;D

Any other advice?

:D

Cheers,
    Nader.