Thread: E4800C Problems

E4800C Problems

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey,

My Sunbeam E4800C seems to have a thermostat or pump problem. When running the water which should be coming through the basket comes out as steam. When on milk frothing mode, it seems like there isnt enough steam coming out, it just coughs a little out in time with the pump.

Ive pulled the cover off the back since its a few months out of warranty. I found that the pump is working ok. I tried to measure a flow rate from the pump, it seemed to be about 150-200mL/min at zero pressure head. The pump is a CEME E50501, 240V, 47W vibrating pump. Similar to the Ulka EX5.

I called coffeeparts to esquire about a pump, he suggested that it may not be the pump, and it may be the thermostat. short of striping the whole machine down i cant seem to find the thermostat in the heat block. Anyone know exactly where it is?

I tried to checked the temperatures of the block, steam and brewing outlet. The block was 100C when there was a clicking sound of a thermostat and the warmup light switched off. The block hovered around there. The steam was about 80C it was difficult to get a good reading. and the brewing water (mostly steam) was mid 90s.

Ive tried sunbeam cleaner in case it was just blocked up, but it doesnt seem to have helped.

Any ideas or help would be great. Im considering getting it serviced, but by the looks of it, its not worth it and i might as well be buying a new machine.

Cheers.
    p.s. hi im jimmi, im new here.

A_M

Re: E4800C Problems

Quote Originally Posted by 5C7F7B7B7F2E21160 link=1272330509/0#0 date=1272330509
    Hey,

My Sunbeam E4800C seems to have a thermostat or pump problem. When running the water which should be coming through the basket comes out as steam. When on milk frothing mode, it seems like there isnt enough steam coming out, it just coughs a little out in time with the pump.

Ive pulled the cover off the back since its a few months out of warranty. I found that the pump is working ok. I tried to measure a flow rate from the pump, it seemed to be about 150-200mL/min at zero pressure head. The pump is a CEME E50501, 240V, 47W vibrating pump. Similar to the Ulka EX5.

I called coffeeparts to esquire about a pump, he suggested that it may not be the pump, and it may be the thermostat. short of striping the whole machine down i cant seem to find the thermostat in the heat block. Anyone know exactly where it is?

I tried to checked the temperatures of the block, steam and brewing outlet. The block was 100C when there was a clicking sound of a thermostat and the warmup light switched off. The block hovered around there. The steam was about 80C it was difficult to get a good reading. and the brewing water (mostly steam) was mid 90s.

Ive tried sunbeam cleaner in case it was just blocked up, but it doesnt seem to have helped.

Any ideas or help would be great. Im considering getting it serviced, but by the looks of it, its not worth it and i might as well be buying a new machine.

Cheers.
    p.s. hi im jimmi, im new here.
    Scale build up and the main valve is dirty with scale...

Not the thermostat in the first instance..

When they get to this stage they are a pain to pull down and rebuild... I know... Got mine working but just long enough to upgrade and then straight to the bin.