Thread: Help Please!

Help Please!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can help with advice. My husband and I love good quality espresso, but do not have a large budget. We currently have an entry level Sunbeam EM3600, which we want to upgrade, but not spend more than $500. Is is necessary to purchase a grinder, if so, could anyone give recommendations? Thank you so much.

Re: Help Please!

Hi and welcome :)

without wanting to confuse you with to much technobabble and assuming your EM3600 is still in reasonable order then keep it and look at the following to improve your coffee.

Buy maybe a Sunbeam 450 or a 480 Grinder and get some fresh beans (not supermarket).
    Buy what is called an "unpressurised basket" and a Tamper (if you dont have one) to suit. Let us know where you are and someone here might know where you can get one from.

This will see you producing real crema on your coffees rather than the fake type with the stock baskets. Then maybe continue saving toward a better machine rather than buy another cheap appliance that will not be much if at all better than what you already have.

Thank you. I live in Launceston, Tasmania. Does anyone have any ideas about unpressurised baskets and where to get one to suit?

Hi and Welcome!

I ordered some 51mm unpressurised baskets for my Sunbeam 5800 last night from the Bay of Evil. Yet to be delivered so I cant report on what they are like...Apparently supposed to fit all Sunbeam machines except 6900 and 6910, thought Id give it a go. You may have already looked there...but after a quick look around on the web I couldnt quickly find anyone else who stocked them so I succumbed.

Good luck :)