Thread: Breville Group head seal replacing.

Breville Group head seal replacing.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a Breville 800ES that I need to change the group head seal on. Do they just pull out? or do I need to start disassembling the machine?

Re: Breville Group head seal replacing.

Thanks mods for the move, this is where I wanted to put it.... but thought I was wrong.......

As an update: I found the part on eBay and messaged the seller for information on how to remove the old seal. He said to replace the seal you must first remove the shower screen. If you cannot achieve this then you cannot replace the seal!
    This is first problem as I have tried to remove the shower screen before and failed. The screw is still in good condition, with a bit of wear to the head but still heaps of purchase, I just cannot for the life of me get enough leverage on the screwdriver.

Any hints, tips, ideas etc welcome!!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 595B525E0505330 link=1275374319/1#1 date=1275382885
    Thanks mods for the move, this is where I wanted to put it.... but thought I was wrong.......

As an update: I found the part on eBay and messaged the seller for information on how to remove the old seal. He said to replace the seal you must first remove the shower screen. If you cannot achieve this then you cannot replace the seal!
    *This is first problem as I have tried to remove the shower screen before and failed. The screw is still in good condition, with a bit of wear to the head but still heaps of purchase, I just cannot for the life of me get enough leverage on the screwdriver.

Any hints, tips, ideas etc welcome!!
    Eat some weet bix ;)

I correct screw driver.. A x is not X in not a X

Try with teh system warm or even HOT....

In some cases an impact driver has to be used...

If ya strip the head... Uummmm Drill and easy outs and lots of local foot stomping..

Seen plenty that people have stuffed up... Liek a mounty.. I always get my scew with out getting down to extreams - Unless another has already stuffed it..

Wait till some ones works on a L/H thread and then says I tried every thing.. One look says it all.. R/H thread.... Some times it comes off in a flash - but often stuffs teh shaft...

Some people should be put down; the moment they show their face.

Unfortunately I can only get the little stumpy screwdriver in there, the one I have is a bit hard on the hand too. I dont think there would be enough room for an impact driver, or a drill to drill the screw out for that matter. Looking to me like an impossible task >:( that will lead me to a new coffee machine..... any excuse!! ;D

thanks for the help angermanagement!

Not sure how big the 800 is but I have the 820, and by the looks of it you could get a decent sized driver in there. *Like the adage says: the right tool for the right job. *Go to trade tools or even cash converters and pick up a driver with a large comfortable handle. *Or ask a mate with a bunch of screw drivers and try a few different ones. *Ive found that different angles on the "head" (or whatever the action end is called) can make a huge difference for tough screws.

However, I like the sound of a good excuse for a new coffee machine :) *Maybe I should jam a knife in my group head seal * :D *;D *:o

A_M

The right tool.

Philips / Poz drive etc ... Get a little stumpy with a square shaft and or a little socket set..

It is not that hard... Opps upgradeitus..

Man that screw is self welded.. If ya ever get it out, it will stuff the whole system.. Besides that model is obsolete and a new screw can not be obtained...

Suggest ya upgrade ;)

Ha Ha, very funny... Im sure the neighbors would like me to get a new machine and the kids for that matter, not often they hear words like those. They were starving by the time I finally gave up and got their dinner ready.......

But seriously, is it a reverse thread...... come on let me in on the gag!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5F5D54580303350 link=1275374319/6#6 date=1275398444
    Ha Ha, very funny... Im sure the neighbors would like me to get a new machine and the kids for that matter, not often they hear words like those. They were starving by the time I finally gave up and got their dinner ready.......

But seriously, is it a reverse thread...... come on let me in on the gag!
    Not that I know of...

So where are you located... profile my man; profile...

PS. Tell teh kids Coffee can not wait for no one ;)

Updated profile, I am in Ipswich, Qld.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 525059550E0E380 link=1275374319/8#8 date=1275400974
    Updated profile, I am in Ipswich, Qld.
    giggled like a schoolgirl

Drop a PM to Coffee2Di4.. *They are out Bevinsway *;)

Worse case; they can bring it on the 6th to the CS catchup if ya not coming or Pete may be able to sort it out ....

Coffee2Di4 tells me his size comes in handy for lots of things.. Other than; that the Hummer is not big enough for him *;) (BMP or nothing)

Cheers Angermanagement.

Although Ipswich is better referred to as the Switch (or Dipswich)

I am going to persevere for a little while. If worst comes to worst I am in Bris daily, I work in Taringa (Scientist with S&N Path) so can deliver to a helpful person in that way.

I may also give coffee2di4 a go, but will try my best first........ that way I will be sufficiently humiliated when it is undone with minimal exertion by someone else.....

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 64666F6338380E0 link=1275374319/10#10 date=1275431502
    I work in Taringa ([s]Scientist with S&N Path[/s]) so can deliver to a helpful person in that way.
    Ya go any where near the service group without an order in the system (magic) and John M and Kevin H will have ya by the short and curliest..

Trust me... Your a marked person now.. (umm which discipline / exe QH )

But I guess an insider could add it to the asset list but define it as non financial item*;) (Brown water machine ;) ) We had a pool table ordered from the SAP system by the Engs.. Precision Green Levelling Table...

Besides, if the contract management group shop it out to the current contractor (M). It will be deemed Obsolete and if returned - Never to work again...

Quote Originally Posted by 232128247F7F490 link=1275374319/10#10 date=1275431502
    I will be sufficiently humiliated when it is undone with minimal exertion by someone else.....

Already done... Why make it any harder on ya self *;) :D ;D

Ha! wasnt intending to have the IT guys fix it, just meant "in that way" as in Taringa or Brisbane West.

Seems you know a little of the inner workings of SNP (more than me)

If you know Path, think of the department with the most morning teas and you will find me.... its a test!!!

So, how do you know S&N?? Do you mean you are the current contractor (M)?? If you are a outsider my test will be difficult!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7C7E777B2020160 link=1275374319/12#12 date=1275470193
    Ha! wasnt intending to have the IT guys fix it, just meant "in that way" as in Taringa or Brisbane West.

Seems you know a little of the inner workings of SNP (more than me)

If you know Path, think of the department with the most morning teas and you will find me.... its a test!!!

So, how do you know S&N?? Do you mean you are the current contractor (M)?? If you are a outsider my test will be difficult!
    Ya can not call KH or JM IT... May be in that department.. But they are not IT.. Even their Dir is not IT... Grandfather and right place when the moved happened.

Morning TEA... NOT COFFEE ?

Haem.. NA *They are Visual... Latte Art maybe..
    Chem.. Na too anal and all maths would not understand the good coffee *formulation *2 = 2 = 5 would send them loopy
    Coag.. They have the time.. But only for extended PTs (over extracted - but could understand the pathways - factor concepts would work well with coffee)
    Blood Banking.. Coffee cards.. The diamed ones and a coffee go well
    Flow... *Never get out of the room... Besides no T Cels in coffee beans
    Anatomical... *Hey yea... We could slice some green beans and look at the layers..
    Molecular..... Not there yet..
    CSR... *Now that lot do NOTHING always drinking tea *;)

Sorry... Any one in the game will understand...

HEY... Got an idea.. *I have to do a car shoot... Need my car and a medical facility in the back ground.. PM me ya *mobile number.. *I can park up top and in the Vis bay and do a site visit / take a photo.. (non stock repair)

Sonic just went with another contractor - as to my current focus... But hey.. Coffee transcends every thing else.... *;)

Oh Dear!!!

Managed to replace the group head seal after drilling out the seized screw+ helicoil + new screw. Fired her up and....... still leaks.

After much creative swear words incorporating the word Breville, we (my brother and I) started dismantling to find the source of the leak...... more swearing and eventually we managed to remove the top cover. This allowed us to see that water was coming from above the group head in a spot obscured by the front plate (with the controls). Even more swearing and we managed to remove the front panel (swearing works better than a screw driver!).

Armed with this new knowledge I am now chasing a free or very cheap *dial and water switch assembly (including the front dial if possible). Anyone have a dead Breville 800ES?????

I think my 800ES has the same issue (Ive already replaced the group seal and the leak appears to be from higher up inside).

Did you find a solution or a source for a cheap part?

Cheers,

D.

Hi there, not too sure if this thread is still going, but if it is Im looking for some advice.

I too tries replacing the rubber gasket on my machine only for the screw head to shear off when I tried opening it.

Now Im going to have a go at removing the remaining piece of the screw, (hopefully fortune will favour the brave) but does anybody know where I might get a replacement??

Thanks in advance for any info