Thread: New group seal for 800ES?

New group seal for 800ES?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a good supplier for a new group seal for a Breville 800ES in NZ (Im in Wellington).

Im also interested in replacing the seal with a flatter one to get a better seal on the flat-lipped krups unpressurised basket as Ive usually had a little seepage of water around the edges with the current seal.

Cheers,

Dan.

Re: New group seal for 800ES?

Hi looking for one too, just a thought...as the baskets,(I think thats what its called?) are mostly the same size(?) might be a good chance breville uses the same seal on other machines? Might be able to find one off any number of other going cheap machines? just a thought, and i havent looked in to it as of yet.

I did get my last one off a dead Breville Cafe Roma and although it wasnt exactly the same, it was close enough... I also got a flat shower screen (the normal one is concave) off that which seems to work well with unpressurised baskets...

oh what do you use for the un-pressurised basket? apparently there is a mod here for it some where but couldnt find it... rang up Chaps where in Tauranga as there the service agent here and gasket is only $8 so you could just try your local service agent :)

guv

PMd details of an NZ service agent for breville - should have what you are after.

I think my unpressurised basket is a Krups one (I got it a while back and cant remember exactly what it is).

That plus a good metal tamper have made it pretty decent for what it is. Im considering picking up a cafe roma or similar to make a naked PF as that could work well with these baskets.

I use the standard group seal in a sunbeam and a breville and it seals the Krups non-pressurized basket fine.

My experience with the Breville/Sunbeam/Krups models that share the same three-lug handle is that the group seal looks exactly the same for all.