Thread: About to purchase Breville Cafe Roma any other ideas to improve coffee? Question from a newbie

About to purchase Breville Cafe Roma any other ideas to improve coffee? Question from a newbie

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all , im am about to purchase a Breville Cafe Roma and am new to the world of coffee making (First post as well :P). Im wondering which budget grinder would complement this machine and also ive read in these forums about a pressurised and non pressurise basket im wondering which one would be better and where could i source these out.

Any other suggestions on this coffee machine would be appreciated and also i preferably would not want to make any physical mods.... cos i am a newbie

Thankyou!

A_M

Re: About to purchase Breville Cafe Roma any other ideas to improve coffee? Question from a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 505D505F06080509310 link=1281079365/0#0 date=1281079365
    Hi all , im am about to purchase a Breville Cafe Roma and am new to the world of coffee making (First post as well :P). Im wondering which budget grinder would complement this machine and also ive read in these forums about a pressurised and non pressurise basket im wondering which one would be better and where could i source these out.

Any other suggestions on this coffee machine would be appreciated and also i preferably would not want to make any physical mods.... cos i am a newbie

Thankyou!
    The very best you can afford...

At the very bottom of the budget range an EM0480 (Approx $200) *then start talking $400 to $1800 for low to mid range grinders...

Non pressurise is the way to go... Do some more reading... Lots of stuff in the topics... Just do the reading first...

But to enjoy a great coffee; you will need fresh beans... Then you will start down the roasting path and upgraditus will get bad across everything..

PS. Wives / Husbands / Partners dont bring much on the Coffee machine trade-in market.... *So start saving ya pennies NOW.