Thread: Gaggia Synchrony Logic is ok?

Gaggia Synchrony Logic is ok?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

There is a deal where someone is willing to sell a Gaggia Synchrony Logic for $200.

According to them, its a 2.5 years old refurbished machine bought from Gaggia Australia.

Any opinions on how worth it this is greatly appreciated.
    Also if anyone has an opinion on how long it will last would also be great.

Re: Gaggia Synchrony Logic is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by 363336373F325A0 link=1284110470/0#0 date=1284110470
    Hi,

There is a deal where someone is willing to sell a Gaggia Synchrony Logic for $200.

According to them, its a 2.5 years old refurbished machine bought from Gaggia Australia.

Any opinions on how worth it this is greatly appreciated.
    Also if anyone has an opinion on how long it will last would also be great.
    Hmmm, interesting first post Lil, people normally make a token effort at introducing themselves ;)
    Regarding your questions, no idea, $200 aint much money, why not just buy it and find out. ;)

Apologies for not introducing myself. Ive actually been around forever just havent posted so I didnt even think of it :P

Anyways, $200 wouldnt usually be a lot but I just missed out on a $100 2 yrs old Jura F50 so $200 felt a bit much, heh.

Anyone here actually has experiece with the Synchrony Logic and has an opinion on how long it would last?

Quote Originally Posted by 7C797C7D7578100 link=1284110470/2#2 date=1284113247
    Apologies for not introducing myself. Ive actually been around forever just havent posted so I didnt even think of it :P

Anyways, $200 wouldnt usually be a lot but I just missed out on a $100 2 yrs old Jura F50 so $200 felt a bit much, heh.

Anyone here actually has experiece with the Synchrony Logic and has an opinion on how long it would last?
    Fair enough, still dont know much about you other than you registered with CS at 12.47pm today.
    Suggest you Google Gaggia Synchrony Logic review, they rate poorly and retailed new at Big W for a bit over $300 a couple of years back. :)

Ok, lets see if I can give you more information about myself ;)

Basically, Im a junior barista who recently got certified. Id been working awhile in the industry before but recently had almost a year of hiatus and Im looking to have some at-home practice. Nothing fancy, essentially anything not too bad with a steaming wand and Im ok (i.e. mainly pouring I need practice on).

Currently Ive got the Synchrony Logic down to $150 and the alternative is a Delonghi EC430E ($50) or a 6 yrs old Gaggia Classic (probably around $100).

Im trying to decide which one is best for my needs, any input welcome :)

Why not see if you can find an Breville IKON.
    I hear you might be able to get one for about $200 from the factory outlets.

Where are you? Please update your profile with your location.

What is a junior barista?
    How long have you been working in the industry?
    What does recently certified mean?

Being in the Hospitality industry for about 8 years (very long considering my age :P) mainly as a waitress/waitstaff/cafe all rounder. Junior barista means I know how to make basic coffees but havent got proper coffee making positions to qualify what employers call "experience" ;)

Certified = SITHFAB012A "Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee" - if Im not wrong, the only accredited certification we have in Aust?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7174717078751D0 link=1284110470/6#6 date=1284129842
    Being in the Hospitality industry for about 8 years (very long considering my age :P) mainly as a waitress/waitstaff/cafe all rounder. Junior barista means I know how to make basic coffees but havent got proper coffee making positions to qualify what employers call "experience" ;)

Certified = SITHFAB012A "Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee" - if Im not wrong, the only accredited certification we have in Aust? *
    Well at least your trying...

However many here (if I can be so bold) may not hold with many of the so called training cources that are often provided and certificates obtained... Regardless of which gov department signs off.

It might be a start and allow some to sign off due to WHS and issues as to "Client focus"and "Service etc". However real hands on under the guidance of a true Barista means much more to a place focused on coffee.

Many of the cheep systems will only frustrate you UNLESS you are fully prepared to re learn all you think you know. Such that you can then tweak them to get a drinkable outcome..

But as always.. Fresh beans and a Quality grinder are a must or you will never get there.

WHY... because of the most basic principles in making great coffee.

In order;
    1: Grinder
    2: Beans
    3: User, and last of all
    4: the machine.

If ya first two are not cutting the mustard, then even a good barista will have problems... *If they are suitable then a good barisa can make great coffee with just about any thing.. *The limit will be as to the effort required to make one Vs 2 vs 4 or more. *And to be able to repeat said outcome on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by 7174717078751D0 link=1284110470/4#4 date=1284127451
    Im trying to decide which one is best for my needs, any input welcome
    With the above statement in mind...

You need to define your Needs Vs perceived Wants.. *That way, those with the experience can offer realistic advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 4F60696B7C436F606F696B636B607A0E0 link=1284110470/7#7 date=1284132551
    Many of the cheep systems will only frustrate you UNLESS you are fully prepared to re learn all you think you know.
    Well said.

lilmeh the difference between the machine at work and any of the ones you mention is huge.
    They will seem like toys when compared to the big one.
    You have to be prepared for this and accept their limitations.

I still recommend the Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by 777277767E731B0 link=1284110470/4#4 date=1284127451
    Ok, lets see if I can give you more information about myself *;)

Basically, Im a junior barista who recently got certified. Id been working awhile in the industry before but recently had almost a year of hiatus and Im looking to have some at-home practice. Nothing fancy, essentially anything not too bad with a steaming wand and Im ok (i.e. mainly pouring I need practice on).

Currently Ive got the Synchrony Logic down to $150 and the alternative is a Delonghi EC430E ($50) or a 6 yrs old Gaggia Classic (probably around $100).

Im trying to decide which one is best for my needs, any input welcome :)
    Well done Lil, thanks for the information, its amazing how much more interesting a thread becomes when you can identify or should I say empathise with original poster.
    AM and TG offer good advice, however as they both indicate in a round about way your budget and the types of machines your looking at will be limiting factors.
    Good luck with your quest. :)

Bah already done with it. Sold for a profit so now can get a better manual machine. Steam wand was miserable so practising was way out of question.

Thanks all for your advice though!

Have my eye on a CONTI TWIN STAR instead now.. second hand but around my price range - hope I have better luck this time.

If all falls through, got a $200 new Ikon lined up.