Thread: Best Sponsor Machine for $300-$350

Best Sponsor Machine for $300-$350

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I was wondering if there are other sponsor machines around this price that are better or similar to a Gaggia Classic or Breville Ikon?

I need a really strong frother because I need it for practicing (i.e. moreso than a good espresso).

Also, are there any good cheaper grinders from our sponsors as well?

Re: Best Sponsor Machine for $300-$350

In short none of the sponsors I am aware of sell machines in this price range.

Do you already have a grinder?

If not the Lelit/Nemox combi machines are a ood one but above your budget.

You might find the Saeco Via Venecia from some of the sponsors, which you might be able to get a little outside that budget (low $400s?).

FWIW, I recently purchased the Ikon that you mentioned. It just edged out the Saeco VV due to tight budgetary constraints for me... but you wont get an Ikon from a sponsor!

I have a brand new Ikon lined up for this weekends purchase but Im just having second thoughts because my main issue is milk and frothing... and I dont think the lower end machines are going to let me practice freepouring - correct me if Im wrong.

Youre doing well if you can still source an Ikon brand new... I looked everywhere, and in the end factory 2nd was the best I could do!

Anyway, I find the Ikon quite adequate for steaming. Perhaps due to it being a boiler unit, I do find it noticeably better than the cheaper thermoblock machine I had previously, but I cant compare to any higher quality machines as my experience is limited to a small handful of lower end machines.

Have you tried googling/youtubing for videos of the Ikon (or other contenders) in action? Theres a few out there that I watched when making my decision, and it may give you a better idea of what to expect before you hand over the cash.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 696C6968606D050 link=1284372610/3#3 date=1284445334
    I have a brand new Ikon lined up for this weekends purchase but Im just having second thoughts because my main issue is milk and frothing... and I dont think the lower end machines are going to let me practice freepouring - correct me if Im wrong.
    Ill correct you ;)

I used one a fair bit when I was teaching at the coffee academy amd for mine, its excellent value and performs really well. Best bang for buck <$300 by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by 5C696463574B676E6E6D6D080 link=1284372610/5#5 date=1284506838
    for mine, its excellent value and performs really well. Best bang for buck <$300 by a mile. *
    Thanks TC, nice to have some extra confirmation that I havent wasted my hard earned on a dud of a machine... does confirm my opinion of the Ikon after the initial few weeks with the machine : )