Thread: Sunbeam EM5600 Temperature

Sunbeam EM5600 Temperature

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a 3.5 year old EM5600 that is on its second pump (dont get me started on how long that took to get!). I replaced the pump myself and it has been going OK for 3 months or so since I did that.

But now I seem to be suffering from poor water temperature. Ive noticed that the shots are getting weaker over the last few weeks and if I run about 40 ml through the machine without the basket the best temperature I can measure is about 70C into a preheated cup. This seems to be quite low (but I really wouldnt know what it should be).

The machine is used daily 1-3 times.

Is this likely to be a thing de-scaling would help and is vinegar as good as the (expensive) commercial descaling solutions?

Anything else to try before I give up on this thing and bin it? (it has never been particularly good but it was cheap).

Re: Sunbeam EM5600 Temperature

Forgot to say, on the de-scaling it was descaled before I replaced the pump but not since (using a commercial powdered descaler). I dont think it would be much of an issue as it is used exclusively with tank water (as that is all we have).

Re: Sunbeam EM5600 Temperature

Try measuring the water temperature using a styrafoam cup, trimmed and pushed up around the brew head. Poke a hole in it for the thermometer etc. Youll probably get a more accurate reading. Youll also notice that the temperature will drop a number of degrees as the shot progresses. Let the machine recover for 5-10 mins before taking a second reading.
    The temp readings on my EM6910 using this process is in the mid 80s.