Thread: Questions about Saeco Incanto

Questions about Saeco Incanto

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone, this is my first post, though Ive been a lurker for some time. I was hoping for some help. I have a Saeco Incanto thats about 3 years old now, and I havent descaled it for a few months. In the past, I havent been too fussy about what descaling solution to use, and it didnt matter because it had to go back to the service agent a couple of times for other repairs, and they descaled it. Now Im wondering if its ok to use Sunbeam Liquid Descaler, given its about a quarter of the price of the Saeco. Saeco says any non-harmful product is ok. Thanks in advance.
    I also have a question about the large and small coffee buttons on the Incanto. When I bought it, the SA told me the large one would produce American-style filter coffee, but that doesnt seem to be the case- the only difference is in the size of the coffee. Any help would be appreciated!

DONT USE

Re: Questions about Saeco Incanto

hi ambodidi

we use the clean machine triple action descal liquid
    this is better suited to thermoblock machines like yours

the triple action cleaner dissolves the scale and also removes the dirt / slime from inside the thermoblocks small tubes

sometimes using a descal powder can cause blockages in steam and water valves, because the powder doesnt dissolve fully

the sunbeam liquid descal is a kettle descaler and even though it is cheaper it isnt recomended

the large and small buttons are programable, so you can set them to suit your liking

an american style coffee is a long single pour