Thread: Another "Please help me with my EM4800C" Thread...

Another "Please help me with my EM4800C" Thread...

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, names Brinjen, have come across this forum before and have gained some useful info before was hoping someone could help me with my current problem.

I own a Sunbeam EM4800C (yes, I can hear the groans from here :P ). Its worked fine for the first 6 or so months until just recently...

First... Ive noticed very fine coffee grounds getting into my cup... not a huge issue but then this morning when I went to make my morning cup I found the machine is not dispensing any coffee...

Ive removed the shower screen and given that a good clean... used carb soda and vinegar... long story short Ive found the machine dispenses hot water no problems without the basket installed... Ive unblocked the holes and currently have it soaking in hot water with vinegar and carb soda but its not helping... do I need a new basket? This ones got me baffled... and Im sure someone will be along with a solution so simple Im gonna feel like an idiot. :D

A_M

Re: Another "Please help me with my EM4800C" Thread...

Use a real cleaner and get a spare basket...

We are assuming your using teh double FLOOR basket and thus if using a fine grind etc. Coffee dust will get into the void and block it up.

Yep the basket that came with the machine. Well... I just tried it after the machine was switched off for a while and I got water flowing with the basket installed (no coffee grounds used) but my joy was short lived... got half a cup of water and that was it... now Im really conflused. :D

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 64746F686C6368060 link=1298180995/2#2 date=1298181495
    Yep the basket that came with the machine. Well... I just tried it after the machine was switched off for a while and I got water flowing with the basket installed (no coffee grounds used) but my joy was short lived... got half a cup of water and that was it... now Im really conflused.* :D
    There is still crap in the basket. It is a large void and one or two lumps can float around and cause you problems...

Get a new basket ;)

Soaked the basket a little longer and success! Running it through with water and a little vinegar... quite a bit of fine coffee grounds came out so problem solved.

Looks like a non-pressurised basket and some de-scaler are first on the list... followed possibly by a grinder. 8-)

Thank you! :)