Thread: pid isomac napolissima

pid isomac napolissima

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ive just put a pid on my isomac napolissima, works awesome, didnt realise the difference it would make, just to know the actual temp of the boiler and group head is a big bonus not to mention having control over it as well... The machine cost me $125 the pid $40 the ssr $40 to fit it etc... $50 total $255 and very happy.........

Re: pid isomac napolissima

never seen one of these machines, looks like Silvias cousin!
    which kit did you use, nice looking display

All came from that other place, where you bid for things. The machine was $125, the pid $40, ssr $40 fitting $50. Total $255... and very happy, pulls an awesome shot of coffee, cant believe the difference, has a brass boiler bolted directly to the top of the group head, good stable arangement...
    Also produces a great head of steam although takes about 30 secs to develop....
    Ray.

Sounds great- PID is a much underrated alternative to spending lots of money on the road to espresso nirvana!
    Brett

Hello, great looking machine! Does it have the three way valve to release pressure after the shot?

Im not quite sure what a 3 way valve looks like or does, although I can tell you it works very well indeed...... Ray.

Im really not sure about the 3 way valve thing, I think its a 6900 or 6910 thing...... maybe I need educating further on this matter myself... I can tell you that the steam and group head work separately... but has one boiler.

Ray.

Gday ray,

One way to tell if your machine has a 3-Way Valve, is when you pull a shot on the napo, does it exhaust the pressure away from the Group/PF immediately you turn the Brew Switch off so that you can immediately remove the PF or does the pressure remain built up in the Group for a while after switching off the Brew Switch?

If the former, then your machine does have a 3-Way Valve... If the latter, then your machine does NOT have a 3-Way Valve. The main purpose of the valve is to allow the user to immediately remove the PF after pulling a shot instead of having to wait until the pressure in the Group has dissipated. Sort of a time efficiency thing handed down from commercial machines.

Mal.

Thanks Mal, no it doesnt exhaust the group head pressure away, it has a very slight pressure build up when the group handle is removed unless you wait a few seconds for it to dissipate... having said that then I would say the answer to the question is "41" ha ha ha... (hitch hikers guide to the galaxy thing) that no it does not have a 3 way valve....

Ray.

Hi Ray, Im still EXTREMELY keen to get my hands on one. What size is the portafilter? I think they are either 53 or 58mm.

Adam

Adam, 58mm, 61mm would have been very nice though but for the $ its all good, I just love it. Am considering getting another one as a back up or a christmas present for someone... I would love to know who the destributor or importer is, it is made in italy, but someone must be getting them in.

Ray.