Thread: Exquisite Espresso questions

Exquisite Espresso questions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Has anyone heard of a brand or model espresso machine named Exquisite. *Its about 3 years old, Im advised.
    Its a small all chrome machine with the word Exquisite on the front lower right corner.
    I havent been able to google any information on it.
    Is it an OK entry-level machine? I buying a very low cost machine for my brother and have been trawling eBay.

Re: Exquisite Espresso questions

Havent heard of that brand, but Id first make sure that it is one for which parts are readily available. Especially since it is used and of indefinite age. :-/

Your brother will thank you for it down the track. ;)

--Robusto

Gday Phil,
    I had a look through the bay-o-evils and I think I might have found your mystery machine.
    It looks like a Imat/Quaha/Nemox variant, single boiler type machine.
    It probably wouldnt be a bad buy depending on its condition, and would be a good entry level machine. Buyer beware though.

The Exquisite looks like its worth a shot (pardon the pun), as long as its cheap enough...

On the same note, theres a Brugnetti Simona Top in the same evil place, located in Brisbane. It could be a rust-bucket, but it could also be a bargain :)

Quote Originally Posted by robusto link=1184039117/0#1 date=1184052482
    Havent heard of that brand, but Id first make sure that it is one for which parts are readily available. *Especially since it is used and of indefinite age. * *:-/

Your brother will thank you for it down the track. *;)

--Robusto
    Thanks Robusto,
    He says he recently had the element replaced, so parts must be available. I wonder who his reparer was.

Quote Originally Posted by shauno link=1184039117/0#3 date=1184068229
    The Exquisite looks like its worth a shot (pardon the pun), as long as its cheap enough...

On the same note, theres a Brugnetti Simona Top in the same evil place, located in Brisbane. It could be a rust-bucket, but it could also be a bargain :)
    Thanks Shauno, Im watching that one also. I had a Sunbeam Ristretto for $19.95 (mentioned in the forum) slipped through my fingers, so did a Gaggia Carezza ($25!).
    Also Watching another Gaggia currently at $50, but bound to rise in price ********************
    Phil
    eBay link removed,
    Mal.

The brugnetti looks good. I hear they are prone to rust. Im going to have a serious crack at bidding for it on the bay however.

Anyone have any experience with the top?

:o

Quote Originally Posted by adharvey link=1184039117/0#6 date=1184079473
    The brugnetti looks good. *I hear they are prone to rust. *Im going to have a serious crack at bidding for it on the bay however.

Anyone have any experience with the top?

:o
    Well that was a good bay bargain ruined. Silly me for pasting the URL link in the forum. *>:(
    (Lesson learnt, Mal)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil link=1184039117/0#7 date=1184080619
    Well that was a good bay bargain ruined. Silly me for pasting the URL link in the forum. >:(
    (Lesson learnt, Mal)
    Outbidding another CSer just isnt cricket... esp if theyre out-bidding you because its cheap, not because they actually want it!

I hope you find another bargain Phil - if not, you can have my Ristretto for $20 when I upgrade :)

Quote Originally Posted by shauno link=1184039117/0#8 date=1184104985
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil link=1184039117/0#7 date=1184080619
    Well that was a good bay bargain ruined. Silly me for pasting the URL link in the forum. *>:(
    (Lesson learnt, Mal)
    Outbidding another CSer just isnt cricket... esp if theyre out-bidding you because its cheap, not because they actually want it!

I hope you find another bargain Phil - if not, you can have my Ristretto for $20 when I upgrade :)
    Thanks Shauno

TC

Just another reason why the site sales and posting policy states: Links to ebay ads or other similar off-site promotion to any sales related material are not welcome here *;)

If you find something you think you may want there, the best way to ensure that you miss out or pay absolute top $$$ to get it is to give the CS community a heads up...

Although CSers may be excitied if they find a "gem" there, chances are that someone here is already looking at it- or bidding for it so how about we keep it *:-X?

Its in the best interests of those trying to buy...

Of course, eBay comes with the usual caveats. If you pay the price of a bucket of bolts, chances are youll get what you paid for! *:P

Quote Originally Posted by adharvey link=1184039117/0#6 date=1184079473
    The brugnetti looks good. *I hear they are prone to rust. *
    Thats quite possible as the vacuum breaker sprays water and steam around the innards until it seals. The one Im playing with hasnt rusted the body but the outer of the boiler has a fair amount of (cosmetic) corrosion, especially the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1184039117/0#10 date=1184108625
    Just another reason why the site sales and posting policy states: Links to ebay ads or other similar off-site promotion to any sales related material are not welcome here *;)

If you find something you think you may want there, the best way to ensure that you miss out or pay absolute top $$$ to get it is to give the CS community a heads up...

Although CSers may be excitied if they find a "gem" there, chances are that someone here is already looking at it- or bidding for it so how about we keep it *:-X?

Its in the best interests of those trying to buy...

Of course, eBay comes with the usual caveats. If you pay the price of a bucket of bolts, chances are youll get what you paid for! *:P
    All I was mainly after was advice on machines I wasnt familiar with [smiley=embarassed.gif] before I buy.

Sorry, I wasnt aware of the policy concerning links to ebay,etc as Im new. Thanks for the heads up.

Im pretty sure this is identical (except steam knob location) to the Isomac Cappucina. VERY basic, no 3-way, very small pf. But it does have a brass boiler. Worth the $62.00 it went for, no more me thinks.

I know its already sold, but for future reference...

The winning bid of $362 for the Brugnetti today was way above the price I was willing to risk on an old machine, sight unseen.

Slightly off topic (we seem to have gravitated to the merits of Bayevil bidding as the topic)..... But as a general rule, just because a machine is of an obscure brand, doesnt mean parts arent available.

They are often interchangeable between brands. Touch pads are one item, elements another off the top of my head. But knowing which matches what is the tricky bit.

--Robusto

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey link=1184039117/0#2 date=1184052528
    Gday Phil,
    I had a look through the bay-o-evils and I think I might have found your mystery machine.
    It looks like a Imat/Quaha/Nemox variant, single boiler type machine.
    It probably wouldnt be a bad buy depending on its condition, and would be a good entry level machine. Buyer beware though.
    Long time since this thread has been active, but just for the archives, an Exquisite is the same as an Imat/Quaha/Nemox.

Single 300ml brass boiler
    No 3-way
    Ulka pump
    Turbo steam wand
    Stainless steel body

Cheers
    Simon