Thread: Delonghi EC330S

Delonghi EC330S

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello everyone,
    As you can all tell, I am new here.
    When I can find it, I like to drink PNG Sigri, but here in Perth, its not that easy to find. As the moment, Im using an old Kenwood drip filter, but with a change in jobs(more money), I have been thinking about the Delonghi EC330S.

Does anyone know anything about these?
    Good,Bad,Dog?

Thankyou in advance,
    Ghost

Re: New Breville Ikon!

Welcome GWW! Ive got some comments but can I suggest you delete the post and create a new thread? Your question is valid, but its really nothing to do with the Breville Ikon so it would be better to have it in a separate thread.

Re: Delonghi EC330S

No comments i see....
    Maybe i should try another machine

TC

nope- its an appliance- i.e Dog....

Dont waste your money ;-)

I dont have any experience with this machine, but have used a cheaper Delonghi machine at a mates place. For what its worth, compared to my sub-$200 Sunbeam it was pants - took 30 seconds to get anything out of it and then the coffee was horribly burned as soon as it started to flow. The Sunbeam doesnt produce cafe-quality by any means, but its a hell of a lot better than that.

Is there any particular reason youre looking at this machine in particular? Id suggest you check out the cheaper Sunbeams and Brevilles as they seem to be the more popular cheap machines with the people here who know what theyre talking about. You can also get single-walled coffee baskets (which you need for freshly ground coffee) to fit these machines, dont know if thats the case with Delonghi.

However, if you dont already have a grinder you should probably dedicate part of your budget to this. In fact, if $200 is your limit, I suspect youd be better off spending it all on a halfway decent grinder and sticking with the drip filter or plunger until you can afford a cheap machine - thats the advice that was given to me anyway. I used to have a coffee/spice blade grinder (which wont do for an espresso machine but is ok for a plunger) and I can say that freshly ground coffee made a massive difference to the taste of the brew.

Also check out this thread: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1183681550 for some insights into how to get a decent coffee out of a cheap machine.

And lastly, a disclaimer - Im a fellow newbie here and am mostly just regurgitating info Ive absorbed from around this site - so dont take anything I say as gospel :)

Hi Ghost,

Judging at the the price of the Delonghi EC330S you were looking at, my guess is youre looking at between $250-$300 or so for a new espresso machine.
    You may want to consider a Breville Ikon BES400 (see numerous favourable posts in CS)- RRP$349 (but maybe as cheap as $270 (Good Guys?))
    Sub-$200, personally, a Sunbeam EM4800C. I have had a Sunbeam EM4800 for 4 years now that still looks and works like new. (very solid body)
    Also, keep an eye out items for sale Coffee Snobs Hardware for Sale
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=Sale
    You can pick an excellent pre-loved bargain like I did (Silvia).
    In broad terms, more you prepared to spend, the better the machine.

Phil

Can someone Please delete this Topic Please?
    I think its run its course.
    Ghost

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Who Walks link=1190643806/0#6 date=1192456110
    Can someone Please delete this Topic Please?
    I think its run its course.
    Ghost
    Not normal that the mods will do that Ghost- unless theres a good reason to do it. There may well be another CSer one day who will benefit by reading this thread.

It will get buried anyway if there are no more responses to it....

2mcm