Thread: Breville Cafe Roma Spare Parts?

Breville Cafe Roma Spare Parts?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys & gals,

Weve got a Breville Cafe Roma ESP6 here at work, we bought it as a factory second for $59 (spilt between us all it was $5 each!).
    Its performed admirably, seeing as its pumped out about 20+ cups/day for the past 18 months. Sadly its leaking out the side, and spurting out the steam nozzle when making coffee now.
    I believe we need a new seal for it, so does anyone know where I can get one in Sydney?
    Breville service arent really much help.
    Worst comes to worst, we can always buy another factory 2nd.

Cheers,
    Pete

DONT USE

Re: Breville Cafe Roma Spare Parts?

hi pete
    please explain the leaking out the side
    when making coffee is it leaking at the top of the handle or is water coming from higher up.
    the leaking steam arm might fix with a descal, possible dirt or milk in the valve
    if you go to brevilles web site there is a list of repairers.
    breville do not deal with the customer, they pass everything on to there service agents
    graham

trumboli

Hi Pete, Ashfield Appliances in Sydney carry all the spares for Breville appliances, they are the service centre that Customer Service will send you to. They also do repairs although I think, cost wise, if you have to get them to do it you may be better off getting a new machine.

Theres a couple of screws underneath the top of the machine next to the coffee handle. Its leaking out from that screw.
    Cheers for the responses. Were most probably just gonna get another factory 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by petesbrew link=1200432116/0#3 date=1200438155
    Theres a couple of screws underneath the top of the machine next to the coffee handle. Its leaking out from that screw.
    Cheers for the responses. Were most probably just gonna get another factory 2nd.
    Like our previous Sunbeam EM3600, it may be the thermoblock has blown a gasket. It dribbled water down the inside front of the machine everytime we made coffee. *I took the back off and spied the leak from the thermoblock and told Sunbeam Support.
    Despite it being 3 months after the warranty expired, Sunbeam replaced it with a new machine with 12 months warranty
    I dont think that happens very often though.

Maybe get a factory-second or refurbished Gaggia this time (ie, $25-30+ from each colleague)?
    Phil

Actually, I got a 6910 at Christmas from them for a faulty 6900 out of warranty.