Thread: Saeco Incanto Deluxe blocked up

Saeco Incanto Deluxe blocked up

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

Sorry to make my 1st post a request for information.

Ive had an incanto deluxe for a few months, and its developed a couple problems. One of them I know the reason for. The steam want gets blocked with milk all the time and produces low quality steam resulting an unfrothy coffee.

The second problem I dont know the reason for. The head from which the coffee comes (where you regulate the strength) gets blocked all the time. After cleaning it produces one or 2 coffees and then its blocked again, just producing a few drips of coffee. Any ideas?

DONT USE

Re: Saeco Incanto Deluxe blocked up

morn michaeldon

with the milk prob you need to activate the steam after frothing to clean the milk from the small hole in the pannarella, this should be done everytime you use it. this applies to all machines and especially automatic frothers

the coffee prob.
    1/ remove brew group daily and rinse under warm water to remove excess coffee, shake of excess water and leave on sink over night to dry

2/ run coffee cleaning tablet at least once a month, this cleans the internal parts of the coffee system.

3/ with these newer saeco autos, if you set the grind fine and set the strength to max you can stop the flow of coffee.

i find having a slightly coarser grind and setting the strength to max works better than finer grind and lower strength setting

depending on what coffee you use there can be a fine line between good extraction and blocking up as yours is.

4/ extraction time for an automatic is different than a handle machine. approx 10 - 15 sec depending on the coffee and the make of machine

Hi Fix

Thanks for that. We didnt run the coffee cleaning tablet. Well try that :)

Hi Michaeldon!

In my Incanto Deluxe I never had any blockages out of where the coffee is extracted from. Do you have a knob on the front of it that says "SBS"?
    If so turn it all the way around clockwise, say about between 4-5 oclock and see how that goes. If not then it could be your grind setting.

The Pannarello has a small hole with which it needs to breath, and sometimes this becomes blocked, this causes low steam, so you need to remove it everytime you use it to clean and keep the hole free of buildup.

Also, let the steam build before you texture your milk. This takes about 10-20 seconds.

Another thing, I never used a coffee cleaning tablet in mine, only descale liquid, which cleaned all of the machine.

-Linda

DONT USE

hi Linda

Another thing, I never used a coffee cleaning tablet in mine, only descale liquid, which cleaned all of the machine.

when you run a descale on automatic machines you are only cleaning the boiler and steam system not the coffee system

by using coffee tablets you are removing the rancid oils inside the brew group and coffee dispenser system thus ensuring a better tasting coffee

graham

Quote Originally Posted by 545B4A320 link=1203234453/4#4 date=1203456578
    hi Linda

when you run a descale on *automatic machines you are only cleaning the boiler and steam system not the coffee system

by using coffee tablets you are removing the rancid oils inside the brew group and coffee dispenser system thus ensuring a better tasting coffee

graham
    I am fairly new to understanding maintenance. What tablets do you recommend for a Saeco Incanto? And do you still need to run descaling solution?

I have had the same blockage issue with mine but have used it for about four years without any cleaning, except for rinsing the brewing device in hot water. (I know, I feel terribly guilty).

Thanks

Brett

Hello again,

I replied within a comment before and the date seems very old, so am reposting my question in the hope that someone out there will take pity on me and share a few insights.

Much obliged:

I am fairly new to understanding maintenance. What tablets do you recommend for a Saeco Incanto? And do you still need to run descaling solution?

I have had the same blockage issue with mine but have used it for about four years without any cleaning, except for rinsing the brewing device in hot water. (I know, I feel terribly guilty).

Thanks

Brett

Brett.

I no longer have the Saeco, as I bought an Espresso machine since then.

I am sure if you went to "Euro Coffee and Appliances" website, you should be able to find out what tablets they recommend to clean the machine.

-Linda

Thank you, Linda. Will go and take a peep.

Brett