Thread: Just won a sunbeam Cafe Latte EM5600

Just won a sunbeam Cafe Latte EM5600

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Gday Coffee Lovers,

I was looking on the Sunbeam web site for info on the EM450 Grinder a few weeks ago and while I was there I did a online survey. Having not even considered there was a randomly picked prize, I forgot all about the survey till today.

I have just had a call from Sunbeam and have been told I just Won a Sunbeam Cafe Latte EM5600. :D

Could anyone tell me if it is any better then the little Breville Cafe Roma that I currently own ????

Also if this machine I have just won is better then the Cafe Roma??? and what sort of price would I sell the Roma for....???
    (Its about 2 years old and only made 30 odd coffees)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Grug

Re: Just won a sunbeam Cafe Latte EM5600

Hi Grug,

Congrats on your win! From the little Ive just found on the Breville they both seem to be thermoblock machines which means both will struggle to do a decent job. That said, both will still perform best with unpressurised baskets and freshly, properly ground coffee. Without knowing any more very specific differences that may make a difference, my advice would be to either:

1) sell the 5600 brand new in box and get whatever you can for the Cafe Roma and put the money towards something better and a grinder. Depending where you go, you could pick up a Breville Ikon and a EM0450 for $300-$450 which has the potential to pulverise either machine with preground coffee)
    2) if youre happy with what youre getting from the Breville CR, why change?
    3) pick the one you like the look of the best

Needless to say, for coffee quality option 1) is the way to go but your priorities may be a bit different to ours! ;)
    Greg

Thanks for that Greg,

I just might go with your first option.

Could you explain what unpressurised baskets refer too and are pressurised baskets better...? :-?

Cheers
    Grug

In brief, pressurised are designed to fake good results from stale pre-ground coffee whereas unpressurised is what real coffees made in. I could go on but Id just be repeating what others have described better than I probably could. Just do a search up there ------^ on either pressurised baskets or unpressurised baskets and have a browse through the results, Im sure youll get the answers youre after.