Thread: Breville 800es grounds in cup

Breville 800es grounds in cup

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

Im having a bit of trouble with my Breville 800es. Im a total newbie to coffee snobbery so please excuse me if my terminology isnt up to par :) I aspire to be a true coffee snob one day.

Anyhoo,

I have had a Breville 800es for about two years and its been working fine until recently.

I am finding the that the coffee grinds are ending up in the cup.

I am using a fine espresso blend and it occurs with both the single and double cup baskets.

Does anyone know off hand what the problem could be?

Any help would be much appreciated, I forgot just how expensive it was to buy my coffee at the local cafe every morning *:-[

Catstrat

Site Sponsor

Re: Breville 800es grounds in cup

Catstrat;

Usually this happen when the group head is dirty, suggestion will be clean your group head with small brush.

Other wise here is an option:

http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=119

Regards

Renzo

Thanks Di Bartoli, it does appear that the grouphead is dirty.

Ill purchase a brush and give it a clean and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks for helping out a noob.

Catstrat

Ok Im a little ashamed posting these pics here but the group head was filthy and the seal appears to have perished a bit.

I intend to give it all a good clean out and obtain a new seal and see if this solves my problem.

Catstrat

Also, another reason that maybe youve started tamping on a surface (rubber mat or otherwise) that has loose grinds that get stuck on the spouts when you tamp. They often end up in the cup during pour.

What grinder are you using?

and welcome! :)

Site Sponsor

Catstrat:

As we expanding our business we have this seals now in stock, if you need one give us a call or pm us.

regards

Renzo

the same sort of thing was happening to the 800es I used to have, are you using the double walled baskets still? if so then they could be clogged up causing the water and the coffee grinds to backup past the rotten gasket/seal

you will need to soak the shower screen in Cafetto and replace the seal, as for the basket, well if it is the dual wall one, chuck them and buy new ones, better yet buy the normal single wall baskets, you can see from the photos the clogged double basket from my machine and after I cleaned it in cafetto

dAz

Quote Originally Posted by 44615A1512200 link=1233797888/6#6 date=1234236872
    the same sort of thing was happening to the 800es I used to have, are you using the double walled baskets still? if so then they could be clogged up causing the water and the coffee grinds to backup past the rotten gasket/seal

you will need to soak the shower screen in Cafetto and replace the seal, as for the basket, well if it is the dual wall one, chuck them and buy new ones, better yet buy the normal single wall baskets, you can see from the photos the clogged double basket from my machine and after I cleaned it in cafetto

dAz
    Thanks for posting this, yes I have been using the double walled baskets. Im going to take the advice Ive found on this board and get myself some single walled baskets.

Cheers.

Thanks so much for posting those pics catstrat!

Was too scared to go past undoing the screw without seeing pics of how to pull it apart :-/

All shiny and clean now 8-) Cant wait to test it out!