Thread: Breville 800ES leaking

Breville 800ES leaking

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,
    My 800ES leaks about half a shot through the brewing head whilst texturing the milk. Is this normal?

Thanks

Andrew

Re: Breville 800ES leaking

Mine leaks zero from there while steaming.

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention it also leaks into the area under the catch tray. I have been careful to make sure the tray is fully located into position and not over full. Anybody experienced this as well?

It could be just the purging function it goes through to get rid of the water that is in the unit - escapes via the outlet on the right/left.

Methinks the water coming out of the brewhead is just the pressure letting go of loose water. Nothing to worry about.

I just worry about my machine actually dribbling coffee in less than 10 seconds to the 60ml mark... not sure if the machine is defunct or something I had a laugh (Its new...)

Hi there - first post here.

My ES800 did exactly the same within a week of getting it - in particular leaked into the bottom tray. The clear bit (where the water should run into the drip-tray) appeared to be chipped rather than smooth - and it seemed to spray off where it shouldnt.

Called Breville this morning and they said to return it to the shop (myer). They didnt have any left, but gave me the ES820 as a replacement! Happy camper here, getting a supposedly better model (& keeping the grinder that I got on the original special).

Anyway - might be worth checking that clear bit.

Sorry - my coffee techy lingo is not great, so I dont know the real names for all the parts.

Andrew R. Try using more ground coffee in your filter basket. It should help.

Mine was leaking from above the brewing head whilst brewing and steaming. It turned out to be the seal in the top of the theremoblock. replaced whole thermoblock. (about $96) no problems. you could probably chase up just the o-ring. but service guys and brevelle both suggested to replace the whole thremoblock.