Thread: Brevillle 800ES Cutting out

Brevillle 800ES Cutting out

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Sorry to make a new thread but my issue doesnt seem to match anything on the other thread with issues with the 800ES.

What I currently have is a 800ES that is about 3 Months old and when I use it to run the first run through on the coffee. *It runs for about 10-15ml and then stopped and the red heat light flashes. *This never used to happen up until about a week ago.

If I turn the machine off and then on again and turn it to the espresso position then it runs through fine.

Has anyone else had this issue and what should I do?

I got the machine as a gift and have ask my parents for the receipt as I thought I would send it back to Breville or take it back to where they got it from but that I am not sure of how to do now since the receipt is missing.

Re: Brevillle 800ES Cutting out

hi Victripper,

are you letting the machine warm up for at least 5-10 minutes before trying to pull a shot?

despite what some people say, all machines need time to warm up, thermoblock or not.

im guessing that because the problem only happens for the first shot, the machine hasnt been warmed up enough and its stopping the shot because the water isnt up to temperature.

give it a go, and if the problem is still there then perhaps give breville a call, they might be able to diagnose the problem without you having to return the whole machine :)

Thanks for the response johnsmith.

I will try tonight when I have a cup to leave it to heat up for the 10-15 minutes that you advise.

The only thing that is interesting is that it never used to do this before. I have always followed the same path of turning the machine on, letting the red heating light go out, purge the water for 2 seconds, then pull a shot.

When I do it currently I turn it on, let the heat light go out, purge the water for 2 seconds then attempt to pull a shot. Unfortunately it stops after a second or two and the red heating light flashes again. When I turn the machine off I only have to press it off then on and it works all the way through. Hence no real additional heating time I think.

I will however give Breville a call tomorrow is I have no luck tonight

Thanks Again,

Victripper.

Hi All,

Back again. Tried the suggestion but no avail.

I even tried again as its nice to have an extra coffee. I tried purging the machine then leaving it till the red light went out then tried. Still failed.

Again I turned it off and on and it worked straight away for that cup and failed on the next run.

I had the same problem with my 6 months old 800ES, called Breville, they ask me go to repair shop. the repairman told me that these are computer chip contraled job, too expensive to repair, let me go to shop to swap for a brand new one(with receipt). now got a new machine and keep the receipt in safe place ;D

We have just had this exact problem with our 6 month old 800ES. *It behaved like this for about a week and a half then stopped completely. *We took it back to the Breville factory shop in Pyrmont last Saturday where they replaced a faulty capacitor. *We collected it on Monday and it seems to be fully cured. :)

(Having said that though, it now has a piggybank sitting on the bench beside it, collecting all our gold coins to put toward an inevitable upgrade to something better. ;))

my first 800ES I bought 4 years ago worked ok for about a week, then I noticed it seem to be turning on the water pump at random times by itself and pump all the water out and fill the catch tray to overflowing, it behaved like it was haunted :o

I took it back to the Good Guys and swapped for another, which worked without problems aside from not removing the shower screen regularly and cleaning it and the double basket becoming completely clogged, as far as I know the machine is still working fine with its new owners

Having same fault.
    Found answer here:
    http://siber-sonic.com/appliance/breville.html
    just over 1/2 way down page.
    Capacitor C1.