Thread: Reasonably priced thermoblock machine

Reasonably priced thermoblock machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I would appreciate some opinions on the best thermoblock machine in the $200-$300 category; already have a grinder, and am just replacing an ageing Krups machine.
    Thankyou for your input.

Re: Reasonably priced thermoblock machine

Obviously machines in this price range will predominately be thermoblock and I understand that but is there any reason you are limiting it to a thermoblock?

Id go with a Breville Ikon in that price range "bella"... Its a Boiler machine and quite a capable little unit 8-)

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs by the way... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Bella,

Im not sure where youre located, but I saw a Nemox Dell Opera in a cash converters in Melbourne the other day, unused for $250. This is a great machine and includes a grinder inbuilt.

-ACog

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 70727E7676787F62110 link=1245731995/3#3 date=1245746262
    Bella,

Im not sure where youre located, but I saw a Nemox Dell Opera in a cash converters in Melbourne the other day, unused for $250. *This is a great machine and includes a grinder inbuilt.

-ACog
    Sounds like an absolute bargain. One would have to assume that the guys at that cash converters store have no idea...theyre usually a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by 3C3D37243A3F25560 link=1245731995/4#4 date=1245809803
    Sounds like an absolute bargain.One would have to assume that the guys at that cash converters store have no idea...theyre usually a rip off.
    They wouldnt care. Bet they paid $100 for it. They usually have a 100% markup. Thats why I dont understand why people sell gear to them except for when they are really desperate.

Thankyou for your comments; the reason I was after a thermoblock was that I cant afford to wait 15-20 minutes in the morning for a boiler-type machine to heat up. I understand the Ikon is a great machine for the money, but has a boiler. The Nemox certainly sounds good value, but as I alreaady have a grinder, I dont really want one built in to the machine.

The smaller boiler machines dont take that long to warm up. I had a cheap sunbeam boiler machine that would heat up and have the first coffee out of in 10 minutes including milk etc. Once the boiler is up to temp which in reality only takes a minute or so you can heat up the rest of the machine quickly by pumping water through it. As my HX doesnt use boiler water for brewing I dont have that luxury anymore.

Justin

Or,

Simply do what most CSers do with small Dual Purpose Single Boiler machines.... Buy a cheap Timer Switch and connect your machine to this 8-). I imagine 30 minutes would see an Ikon all warmed up and ready to go.

Re: the Nemox machine, considering its replacement value is around $800, and uses an excellent quality micrometrical adjustment design grinder, this would be worth buying no matter what type of grinder you already have... :-?

Thats just me of course ;)

Mal.

Acog,
    Thanks for the suggestion regarding the Nemox - can you tell me which Cash Converters store you saw it in? I live in the SouthEastern suburbs.