Thread: Nespresso Coffee Machines - Need Help "(

Nespresso Coffee Machines - Need Help "(

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, I desperately need some help. I was originally going to buy a Sunbeam EM6910 but as my husband does not drink coffee and I would really only be making 1 cup a day I was thinking about something faster, more compact and a bit easier in the mornings as I would make it to take to work.

So I have come to the possibility of the Nespresso EN95s Plus. This is the one that comes with the seperate milk frother, it can froth milk hot or cold. Its retailing approx $379 and I am wanting to hear from anyone that that has used one, has one, loves one, hates one.... etc. Any information you all fabulous fellow coffee drinkers may have would be appreciated.

:-?

Re: Nespresso Coffee Machines - Need Help "(

I dont think anyone has one of those overpriced appliances (not a coffee machine)

You want something quick at a 1/4 of the price

Get a pour-over + a sunbeam grinder + fresh roasted coffee and you wont be disappointed

KK

Hi Dannii and welcome to CS!

I dont think youll hear many positives in regard to the Nespresso. Snobs here prefer freshly ground, freshly roasted coffee. My understanding is that once you pay a cheap price for the unit, you wont have any alternative other than to pay a lot for the capsules that are barely filled with heaven knows what, and end up as landfill.

If you can have the opportunity to try a coffee from a Nespresso, compared to a real coffee machine using freshly ground coffee, and the Nespresso still rocks your boat, then go for it. We all start somewhere!

You might also consider the Breville Ikon - not as convenient as the Nespresso, but makes real coffee, particularly when coupled with an adequate grinder. There are members here who use this combination and able to provide support.

All the best!

Welcome Dannii

The set up KK has pictured is a great option with minimal outlay and easy to operate. It makes stunning black coffee but you can also add a little milk if you prefer.
    Buy some fresh roasted coffee from Bean Bay and you are on your way.

Chris

Hi Danni, an acquaintance recently invited me in for a "coffee" on his new espresso machine, I got all excited picturing some shiny new b;omg, but my joy was deflated when I saw his new Nespresso sitting there with all the little capsules, the coffee was better than instant but only just and once you have the machine you are captive to Nestle to purchase their capsules forever more.
    Follow the advice from above posts and explore the fresh coffee option PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :( :( :( :( :(

I had a cup of "coffee" from one of these recently because it was offered and i thought "gotta give it a go, right ?".

not sure you could call it coffee, not sure what to call it

i would have preferred instant

it was WRONG

Follow the advice from above posts and explore the fresh coffee option PLEASE
    Seconded.

KK where can you get those lovely pourovers from, I can feel a christmas suggestion coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by 29272A253224254B0 link=1257073689/7#7 date=1257129975
    KK where can you get those lovely pourovers from, I can feel a Christmas *suggestion coming on.
    I have seen the Chemex brand on the shelf @ Veneziano Brisbane so the Melbourne shop should also stock them

KK

Too fragile to send apparently, next time I am in melb maybe? I will just have to survive with my current collection. ;D