Thread: Using a timer with a Breville 800ES

Using a timer with a Breville 800ES

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey all,

I was recently given a timer so that I could get my Breville 800ES to turn on automatically in the morning.

Only problem is that the Breville 800ES has a push botton power switch (and not a toggle switch) so that if the machine is on, and the power is turned off and on at the mains (which the timer effectively does), then the machine stays off.

Has anyone worked around this before and if so, how? (without upgrading that is ;) )

Cheers

A_M

Re: Using a timer with a Breville 800ES

Quote Originally Posted by 7C4A677A5D5D4A380 link=1268970660/0#0 date=1268970660
    Hey all,

I was recently given a timer so that I could get my Breville 800ES to turn on automatically in the morning.

Only problem is that the Breville 800ES has a push botton power switch (and not a toggle switch) so that if the machine is on, and the power is turned off and on at the mains (which the timer effectively does), then the machine stays off.

Has anyone worked around this before and if so, how? (without upgrading that is ;) )

Cheers
    Ya got a partner ?? Get them to get up earler ;D

Besides they only take a few min to warm up any way?

A1: Sounds like it is a momentary type on teh 800ES.... If so, sounds like too much of a problem as there are other bits that could need changing as they often trigger a latching cct... They are not rated for continuous on and or teh latching cct may expect to see a voltage steep and not continuous......

A2: Sorry - Upgraditus in teh wind...

Re: Using a timer with a Breville 800ES

Thanks AM,

I know that this machine can be ready to go in a few minutes, but I have found that leaving it on for a good 20 to 30 mintues really helps to make a better tasting shot. Looks like Ill just have to get up earlier!

Cheers