Thread: Sunbeam EM5600

Sunbeam EM5600

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    HI ! This is my very first post here and Im considering buying the Sunbeam EM5600 too. *Its advertised for $249 and they are throwing in a bonus barista pack worth $54.95 (EM0380) -which has a tamper, cocoa shaker, mat, shot/measuring glass, cleaning brush, & milk thermometer. *It was good news for me to hear that it received a Choice magazine nod. *I just spent $370 for my husband and I to learn Barista basics.. I went on to do the Coffee Art (Master Barista).. ie. TAFE qualification.. which I found quite stressful! (The learning environment I mean, but I LOVED the coffee)! **We cant really afford to spend too much on a machine right now. * *P.S. *Im so glad we did the courses because we learned some very important things that are crucial to making a good coffee & I will now buy a burr grinder too (& do away with the $40 hand-held coffee/spice grinder). *I was hoping not to waste money on a cheaper machine.. but its good to know that cheap doesnt necessarily mean bad. *At the moment Im reading up all I can about the machine I mentioned.

Re: Sunbeam EM5600

Welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and doing a course, as youve gathered, arms you with knowledge to extract the best you can from the equipment youve got.

Enjoy the journey.

The same internals as the unit in the range below it, minus the LCD.

You could just get the cheaper one, save the money on the LCD panel and put it towards a better grinder.

Mind you if you are quick there is a Silvia for sale with grinder and Pullman tamper on this forums for sale section. Its a bargain and will see you making good coffee in no time.

Hi kn,

Welcome to CS...

I bought the same package and think it was about the best deal available in that price range. Mind you, I did invest a further $90 to get a good hand grinder and non-pressurised basket... and that made a huge difference.

With a bit of practice and advice from CoffeeSnobs, it should keep you going until the inevitable "upgraditis" hits *:).

cheers