Thread: To buy or not to buy a Breville 800 ES machine

To buy or not to buy a Breville 800 ES machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Microfoam is what I crave. Flat whites are my coffee. My battery-operated wisk does not cut it. After 30 experiments with a donated Krupps Espresso Bravo 871, I still can only achieve either monster foam or thin hot milk. I have chilled my s/s milk pitcher, purged the condensed water, surfed the foam, watched the temperature, all for minimal success. I lust for that thick, heavy, chewy microfoam that draws me back to my favourite coffee shops. My one recent attempt on my friends Breville 800 ES machine produced the 2nd best coffee ever. $450 is my budget. Should I buy the Breville? Or how else can I perfect my microfoam for under $450? :-?

Re: To buy or not to buy a Breville 800 ES machine

Breville 800es is a beautiful machine which is capable of producing excellent latte art when matched with a grinder. If you doubt my words then heres a video of a lady making lattte art with this machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZJJ7RwURho

The art is quite spectacular! :D

JJJ

Quote Originally Posted by 212438273F2221263722520 link=1283671150/1#1 date=1283672314
    Breville 800es is a beautiful machine
    As the former owner of one, i beg to differ.
    Its a decent entry level machine that served me well in my coffee infancy but a beautiful machine it aint.

As for producing microfoam, it does a solid, if slow job.

If id known people were still actively buying the machine id have given mine away on here but instead its gathering dust in a cupboard at a family members house. :-[

Thanks Orlando White. That video got me exited. The reviews of the 800 ES are pretty good. And the machine seems to be priced very competitively in Brisbane. :)