Thread: New entry level machines from Sunbeam, new Grinder as well.

New entry level machines from Sunbeam, new Grinder as well.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    2 new entry level models on their website.

The EM2800 which I assume replaces the EM2300.* Unlike the EM2300 which has a single small boiler, the EM2800 has a single thermoblock.

The other model is the Caffe Crema II (EM4820), also a single thermoblock machine.

I reckon theyd both ship with the dual wall baskets.

Theres also a new grinder, EM0490, looks like the EM0480 but with a small chamber to reduce static and mess. Also programmable for dose.

Re: New entry level machines from Sunbeam, new Grinder as well.

The EM0490 has been around for a little while, But the EM4820 and the EM2800 are definitely new.

Im guessing that the 4820 is a replacement for the 4800? I wonder what improvements theyve made to it? it appears theyve changed the switchgear somewhat, to enable it to heat up the thermoblock for steaming. and also given it a water switch, so you can use it for hot water.

I guess the EM2300 is no more, Rest well little Ristretto, You were a fine starter machine for many

I didnt know the EM0490 was around, I guess its not talked about much here. I have the EM0480 and for me it does a good job, albeit, messily.

The only reason I went to the Sunbeam site was becasue during lunch I was flicking through the junk mail and saw the new EM4820 for $209 in the Myer catalogue and thought; "Havent seen that before!"

My little Ristretto will be put out to pasture soon too. For me its been a great little machine to learn on.

I think the reason the EM0490 isnt talked about much in this forum, is because for the same price, you can get the Breville SmartGrinder... which is a whole nother thing altogether. the EM0490 looks like the same structure of the EM0480 with a fancy funnel attachment for dispensing, oh, and timer function.

I guess Id know which Id prefer out of the two.

I know which Id prefer now too.* Seattle Coffee Gear do a decent review on the Breville Smart Grinder after modifiying it with the shim kit.* In their first review they found it wouldnt grind fine enough for espresso;
    http://www.youtube.com/SeattleCoffeeGear#p/search/9/8piBChRggPM

Might be time to save for an upgrade....