I, like you, need only an espresso machine. For milk drinks I use a microwave.
After my Krups machine refused to seal properly for hi-pressure shots, I thought Id try a Presso.
- Its mechanically simple.
- Theres no electrics.
- Its reasonably easy to clean.
- It can produce a fairly good shot.
- If you want HOT espresso, you have to work pretty hard. See CptCavemans procedure near the end of "Living with Presso" http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1169640941
- If you want anything more than a ristretto, you need to work the handles twice to get the volume (IME) and I believe this upsets the puck and creates channeling
- You can only get 3-4 bar pressure and limited control over the temperature, so, in the end, youll never get a consistent ultimate espresso
I am persevering with my presso in the next-generation pneu-presso form.