Thread: Isomac Napolissimo

Isomac Napolissimo

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything about an Isomac Napolissimo? Im looking at purchasing one as a coffee machine for the office. Im not expecting it to be an exceptional machine but wondering if it will do a decent cup of coffee when paired with a sunbeam em0480?
    Thanks,
    Liam

Re: Isomac Napolissimo

Im guessing, but looks like a single boiler which probably means manual boiler prime.* If someone in the office forgets, it will boil dry and blow the element, leading to costly repairs...* It also seems to have a pressurised pf?* For me, that starts to question the meaning of the word "reasonable"!

It will also take time to go from extract to steam, and more time to reheat the new batch of water for the next extraction which may be too long for the morning queue.

A little bit more about your office might help - how many coffee drinkers / cups per day / what sort of drinks?

The Sunbeam grinder isnt bad - consider also the Breville "smart grinder" which would give you more consistency in dosages for the office user who didnt want to bother measuring / sweeping the exact dose.

Edit: Also dont forget a plumbed in water filter to minimise scale, and a tamper (perhaps a click-tamper or click-mat), and some cleaning products - brush, cloths, cafetto, etc.)

Thanks iandb. Youve given me some other things to think about and to take into consideration.

I think having a pressurised pf isnt a goer!

A smart grinder would be nice but I already have the sunbeam so ill stick with it.

Its a small church office but we host people and it would be good to offer a decent cup of espresso. Im thinking we would be mainly going for milk drinks being used for 4-6 cups a day.

Thanks again for your help. I wont be going for the Isomac.

Whats your budget? If its only a small office then maybe the single boiler would be ok - given you could more easily control the "training". And how about the Sunbeam dual thermoblock? With a non-pressurised filter and some reasonable skill it can make very nice coffee. :)

Thanks iandb. I think the 6910 is the best idea. My budget is around $200 so Ill have to wait for a second hand one! Thanks again.

Just beware of these sorts of second hand machines, since once they die, they usually die hard, so you may have it for 1 month, or you may have it for years!

Whereas a second hand quality boiler machine could most likely be serviced for the next 20 years.

I will keep an eye out for a second hand quality boiler machine. Thanks again!